Storm v Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Where is the communication there?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A win is a win I guess. Wasn’t particularly inspiring. I liked the look of our start.

Conceding 20 points and missing more tackles than Brisbane was not great… but Hughes, Munster, Olam and Meaney were very good.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:52 pm
yourhero wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:05 pm Jesus, do we really have to listen to Brandy again?
No, it's on channel 9...?
Damn in. Subjected myself to the usual Brandy cheerleading against us unnecessarily.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:16 pm
Lucas wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:52 pm
yourhero wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:05 pm Jesus, do we really have to listen to Brandy again?
No, it's on channel 9...?
Damn in. Subjected myself to the usual Brandy cheerleading against us unnecessarily.
Yourhero our next 3 games are also on 9.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That broncos outfit was missing Reynolds and Farnworth, and they were still playing excellent footy relative to the Broncos of previous years. The league is exciting again.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

32-20 over a good Brisbane team : I am taking that result for sure. Cements us in second. Yes they missed Reynolds, but that is more than offset by us being without Paps. Ditto with Farnworth and Reimis Smith.

I just saw Kevvie’s press conference. Some dumb journo was fishing for a headline by pushing the line that Olam’s pass to Ieremia for one of his tries ( not sure which one ) was forward, but Kevvie would not have a bar of it. A try is a try. Goodonya Kevvie.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Not a bad win, I think we made too many errors and invited them into our half too many times... you can look at the outside backs etc in those tries but at the end of the day we either dropped ball or gave them penalties out of their own end.

I'll take the win with an underdone team, Brisbane are showing they have some spine this year and won't just crumble. Credit to our boys for finding those points at the end of the half, that changed the game.

Also, must say was pleasing seeing almost 20,000 in the stands.... this should be standard based on our membership numbers and ladder position, not a one-off.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

RobbieRoss wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:18 pm I just saw Kevvie’s press conference. Some dumb journo was fishing for a headline by pushing the line that Olam’s pass to Ieremia for one of his tries ( not sure which one ) was forward, but Kevvie would not have a bar of it. A try is a try. Goodonya Kevvie.
Typical fox ran with a headline this morning with "controversial try"... lima lima lima duck me... you can slow down 100 passes like that a game and the ball will be caught slightly forward from where it is passed... its called momentum, I don't think Fox is even trying to hide its bias anymore..

And anyway, what about the try awarded to them where Hughes' was interfered with?? Theyve been calling those obstruction all year... Oates ran into the gap where Hughes would have been, instead of into the corner where we had 2 defenders...

Anyway, why do I still let this get me after all these years of anti-Melbourne bias!!!! :twisted:
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nein are saying Hughes took a dive on that one 🙄, they've got their excuses out there 😡
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:45 pm Bellamy has used both NAS and Smith odd tonight.
32 mins for Smith. His second stint was only the last 10 minutes and was at hooker.
31 mins for NAS. Came on in the last 4 minutes to finish the game.

Be nice to know what's going on there.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yeah, is NAS OK? I think he was only on for about 20-25 minutes last week?
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Is there something wrong with Jesse's shoulders?