Roosters v Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The commentary was so poor on it during the game. Not really sure why the NRL fined him either and to me it makes the takes from it worse. You either think he did it on purpose and therefore you charge and suspend him or you call it a contact sport incident and move on.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From nrl.com's stat page we're second last in the comp for post contact metres. Their stats go back to 2013 and we've never been worse than 9th which was 2014. To me outside of Nelson and a good week here or there from a couple of others the forwards have been pretty meh this season. Injuries and depth will always hurt but the forwards will play a big part in us not competing in September. They've gotta be better.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:42 am From nrl.com's stat page we're second last in the comp for post contact metres. Their stats go back to 2013 and we've never been worse than 9th which was 2014. To me outside of Nelson and a good week here or there from a couple of others the forwards have been pretty meh this season. Injuries and depth will always hurt but the forwards will play a big part in us not competing in September. They've gotta be better.
It’s astonishing that with such a woeful and worrying stat, that this team has somehow managed to win games to sit second on the table. There’s no doubt that this trend of no post contact metres will eventually hurt the team. Welchy and Moroea being out is a big part of the lack of punch ☹️☹️
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Felise is pleading not guilty. Bit odd.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Does he get a week if he losses?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No, fine just goes from 1800 to 2500. I think he can win, especially since he can argue that the fox league numbnuts prejudiced the process by ascribing intent to his actions
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Thanks.

Oh gooodie.
Kent is going to EXPLODE! :lol:
It is started there is a whole story in the Telegraph tomorrow
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:10 pm Thanks.

Oh gooodie.
Kent is going to EXPLODE! :lol:
It is started there is a whole story in the Telegraph tomorrow
As predicted , Kent and Hooper calling Kaufusi the worst thug ever on 360. Basically defamatory. Brent Read defending Felise vigorously .
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Glad he is fighting that. With his post judiciary victory speech, he should tell Brandy to f*ck right off.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lucas wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:15 pm Felise is pleading not guilty. Bit odd.
Coupled with the image of Felise against the Eels I think it's not a good look and Gallen (whom I respect) is not being very helpful when asked if he thought it was deliberate saying yes.
I noticed during Origin a Blues playing leaning with all his weight through his elbow on a Maroons player on the ground. Completely unnecessary I thought.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sorry it was absolutely deliberate and anyone who denies that Felise's on-field discpline is becoming worse each year is kidding themselves. The slower he has become, and the less attacking he is (since Cronk left especially) he has resorted to this. Unsure what the motive is but I am happy to see him take that elsewhere.

Unpopular opinion I know
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Keary into B Smith's left leg, nothing from anyone.
Hughes headed for the try line and goes inboard and butchered the try, what?
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hughes taken out just before half time with the chip and chase by Walker, nothing said.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kaufusi found not guilty
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

People won’t like it but the fine was always odd.