Roosters v Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Sutton is going to have egg all over his face tonight. The $hitney Rorters got the run of the ref and still lost!!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mstorm1999 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:16 am All these injuries and origin now here and howarth still no show yet we signed him on a long term big contract when he hasn’t even played a first grade game yet, what’s going on? There’s no reason for him not to be getting selected unless there’s a injury we don’t know about
Maybe because Bellamy has seen Anderson play?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

yourhero wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:50 pm Classic Brandy… “Kaufusi definitely meant to hurt Walker” :roll:
Brandy's just hoping to get him banned for Origin 2. It's Voss who is the real disgrace.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Seve's best ever game for us. Ieremia and Olam running hard on the edges was damaging too. Those three were the difference in my opinion. Anderson had a nice debut and I'd be happy to see more of him too.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nice to get through a game without the right edge leaking 2-3 tries. Our defending of opponents kicking game was rubbish again and almost gave us the loss though.

Nelson only played 22 minutes. Hope he’s alright.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'd expect all our Melbourne members to turn up next week, no excuses. If you don't, then you may as well hand in your 2022 membership as it's going to be an absolute rip snorter of a match Storm Vs Broncos!!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Seve and Ieremire only bombed a try each but yes a positive night for them.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm_M_36 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:34 pm I'd expect all our Melbourne members to turn up next week, no excuses. If you don't, then you may as well hand in your 2022 membership as it's going to be an absolute rip snorter of a match Storm Vs Broncos!!
Spot on. The way the team has bounced back after a couple of bad losses, and with a lot of inexperience amongst the outside backs , has been impressive. Hopefully Paps back next week .

I echo the question about NAS - anyone know if there is an issue?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nelson had 5 Runs for 53 Metres. Allegedly. I didn’t think I saw more than 3. Very quiet. I hope it was just Craig easing him back in.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nothing mentioned in press conference re: NAS. Craig said that Olam has been playing "a bit busted".

He is hopeful that Papenhuyzen will be back v Broncos but said given we have a week off after that game that if he wasn't right we wouldn't risk him.

Said Grant Anderson was effectively the last man standing and that it was a great story with all his family coming down and his dad being reduced to tears.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:29 pm
yourhero wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:50 pm Classic Brandy… “Kaufusi definitely meant to hurt Walker” :roll:
Brandy's just hoping to get him banned for Origin 2. It's Voss who is the real disgrace.
Cooper Cronk on Foxtel just said nothing in it , and Benji Marshall agreed.
big_m
Squall
Squall

Thought that was a good win in the end. Was a strange game - we seemed quite sluggish for a lot of it. Thiught Kaufusi was excellent, especially since he's backing up from origin. Think he had the most tackles for us.

Hopefully NAS was just getting eased back in after time off rather than a new injury.

We shouldnt risk paps next game unless he is 100% fit as we have s break sfter that.

Still no punch in the middle forwards for me. I think we need Tepai back so we have someone apart from Nas who will hit the line hard.

On another note, what is happening with our jerseys? Still no home ot away jerseys on sale on the website and we are halfway through the season. Im convinced our jersey tonight is made by isc. Hopefully the club are contractually protected with no on field merchsndise to sell to fans.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Felise just an $1800 fine for that incident with Walker.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Lucas wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:14 am Felise just an $1800 fine for that incident with Walker.
Oh gooodie.
Kent is going to EXPLODE! :lol:
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kent wait to see that