Storm v Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Seve made a good decision coming in on Foran earlier then was a complete disaster on their try.

Maddening how out of sync the attack can look at times. Goes to show how much of that is on the back of individual brilliance.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

nacho wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:57 pm Wow I'm shocked at the crowd or lack of. I mean I get it, I can't be stuffed going to Richmond when I am still working from home.
Yeah, and I can't be stuffed going when I got to get up at 0430 the next day. Personally I detest the 8pm start, can't take the kids either and I'm sure there's plenty in the same boat as me. 7pm start is doable.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:46 pm Seve made a good decision coming in on Foran earlier then was a complete disaster on their try.
They just never push across from the inside, never, on that side of the field.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Feel like if those two were anyone else they score both the try right there and the one from Munster’s boot earlier.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Munster on tonight.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:46 pm Seve made a good decision coming in on Foran earlier then was a complete disaster on their try.
What, you mean the one where Coates ran in then backed up and then stood flat footed when they ran the ball in?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Your anti Coates thing is odd honestly.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Solid win. Good building block after a few bad weeks.

Munster so good and it obviously helps Playing alongside Hughes who does all the small things well.

More to come from the attack but that will be better for Paps, Grant and NAS
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

SunshineCoastStormer wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:31 pm Solid win. Good building block after a few bad weeks.

Munster so good and it obviously helps Playing alongside Hughes who does all the small things well.

More to come from the attack but that will be better for Paps, Grant and NAS return
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:58 pm Your anti Coates thing is odd honestly.
Just trying to point out that if was Iremia or Seve who made the same mistakes, people here would be calling for their heads.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently Kenny Bromwich became the fastest player to 150 NRL wins in the origin era last night.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:13 pm
blazza18 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:58 pm Your anti Coates thing is odd honestly.
Just trying to point out that if was Iremia or Seve who made the same mistakes, people here would be calling for their heads.
Coates deserves criticism for sure. He’s at least got real first grade talent.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Re the right side defensive issues (and anywhere in the team you watch) people see what they want to see. Me, I see the middle forwards never working hard enough to get over and help the outside men, only the right side of the field with it never seeming to be an issue on the left side, Kenny's side, always Kafusi's side. Of course it's not just the "Fus" as his inside men also need to push over. This is what I, either correctly or incorrectly see.

Coates and Reimis rushing in, just as Suli and Chambers used to, is about making a decision, a decision to try and shut something down before they get out numbered. I used to think Suli and Chambers had overinflated ideas of what they could shut down and therefore came in too frequently. I haven't yet seen enough of Coates to form an opinion but it just highlights how good Reimis is and has been, having nearly always got his man.
We are VERY lucky to have Jahrome on that side of the field because he is a such a strong defender.

Meaney looked good at Fullback, looked to be finding his feet and position in attack, in defence I'm not so sure his is quite there yet, but as a team, he and the rest looked as though they had actually trained together. (Unlike the previous weeks where they looked like a disjointed rabble)

Slightly off topic, I'm so glad we don't have Rueben Garrick in our team, never there and not wanting to put his body on the line. Watch him and it'll make you realise how really good Paps is, both his positional and courageous play.