Storm v Cowboys

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Think there’s a bigger issue overall going on here but when individuals continue to make mental mistakes over and over again that are putting us in a hole it’s really hard to dig yourself out of that. The concern is no one is standing up to fix the issues while on the field.

I blame Bellamy and Frank for not seeing the obvious with the two individuals who are clearly not up to this standard. Blame Bellamy for not having an actual backup plan when two players are out.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've said it many times we could lose every game for the year and that's ok, only if we are trying new things, putting in effort and pride. That's all I want to see. Sadly we try the same shit that doesn't work and the team confidence goes out the window early.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

No need to press the panic button.

We were dross. And some of the effort was not good. Some obvious Individual errors too.

But missing our 1,2,3,7,8,10 I really don’t think we would have done well to win anyway.

Yes work needed. Can only hope NAS and Hughes are back for Manly and we have a better option than Seve and Ieremia. I’d go Lewis and any winger from Falcons or Tigera
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

For years I had confidence that if we did make mistakes, we had the toughness to at least defend our line admirably.

That did not happen tonight. So many super-soft tries given up off the back of an error. Almost like the team were resigned to the try occurring before it ever happened. Completely against the fabric of the club.

In the past two weeks, we are 68-12.

Alarm bells should be ringing. Couldn’t give a f**k if it is only late May.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://twitter.com/FoxSportsLab/status ... 0379376641

Pretty not great.

Didn't match the Cowboys enthusiasm at all. Scoreboard wise got back into the game then just folded again after HT.

Jesse wasn't even in the post match presser last night. Can't remember Cam skipping that ever..
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mstorm1999 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:32 pm For effing sake. Warbrick & howrath both in next week. Seve & leremia out.

Regardless. Pathetic. Our injures aren’t a excuse, very concerning.
I was calling for Warbrick but he wasn't named in the 24 and didn't play Q Cup, so I'm assuming injured, which is shit timing. He's had a real stop-start season so far. Hopefully a few Easts boys can put their hand up today.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Quite clearly I haven't watched the game yet but in all the above commentary no mention of the halfback and how he went. If John's had been playing would he have copped a pasting? Is he the new whipping boy like Croft?
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bellamy basically admitted he got the halfback call wrong, so I highly doubt we'll see Harry moved there again, but seeing how disjointed we were with even someone like Harry playing there, it really just highlights how bad we are going elsewhere.

With the way our current forwards are playing, as well as the leadership void we're facing, it'll be very hard for anyone to come in & play halfback for us. Until our guys decide to turn up & actually play some footy with intensity & mental toughness, it won't matter who plays in the halves.

I don't think Johns has/will become the new whipping boy though, as he doesn't come with all of the hype & promise/expectation that came with Croft.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Jesse - 49 metres from 5 runs.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:41 pm Jesse - 49 metres from 5 runs.
Captain’s knock.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Last week he had 49 metres from 6 runs.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:42 pm
Last week he had 49 metres from 6 runs.
Depends how you look at the stats. Jesse was 20% better this week than last or he just made more meters per carry last week. I still reckon he makes more meters when he's pushed backwards.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I find it absolutely ridiculous Storm travelled home from Townville the same night …
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

sallymay wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:11 pm I find it absolutely ridiculous Storm travelled home from Townville the same night …
Yeah that sounds daft. Defeats the purpose of spending time up there?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Probably flew home Saturday night because of short turnaround to Thursday night.