Storm v Cowboys

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

OK. Response time. NAS is a confirmed out, while Hughes faces a test. Does Tui go into the starting line-up? Do we see a new face or 2? This is what I'm doing:
1 - Meaney
2 - Warbrick - its time
3 - Olam
4 - Lewis - Seve never again
5 - Coates
6 - Munster
7 - Hughes - we've stuck by Johns for a long time now, happy to back him in again if Hughes is no good. Deserves the benefit of the doubt that he was probably a very late call up and conditions were terrible. Need a solid response though. They'd be tempted to have a look at Wishart in the halves
8 - Jesse
9 - Harry
10 - King
11 - Felise
12 - Kenny
13 - Brandon - give him a start and say its time to get serious, he's been subpar for a while

14 - Wishart - do wonder if we're keen to have a look at Nikorima though
15 - Loeiro
16 - Tui
17 - Jordan Grant - Macdonald has done little wrong but its time to give Jordan a crack in 2022
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd be more inclined to have Nikorima in the halves, Wishart is a run first player which I think is beneficial but I think lacks the ball skills required for a half.

Warbrick is an elite level athlete and has the size that we so lack especially considering the form of the cowboys wingers.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:37 am I'd be more inclined to have Nikorima in the halves, Wishart is a run first player which I think is beneficial but I think lacks the ball skills required for a half.

Warbrick is an elite level athlete and has the size that we so lack especially considering the form of the cowboys wingers.
Tend to agree re Wishart/Nikorima. I didn't make that change for 2 reasons though. 1) bit of stability, not too many changes, backing the incumbents to respnd and 2) I feel Wishart has more utility value, which is important for a 14. Unless you're saying start Nikorima instead of Johns?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:57 am
nacho wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:37 am I'd be more inclined to have Nikorima in the halves, Wishart is a run first player which I think is beneficial but I think lacks the ball skills required for a half.

Tend to agree re Wishart/Nikorima. I didn't make that change for 2 reasons though. 1) bit of stability, not too many changes, backing the incumbents to respnd and 2) I feel Wishart has more utility value, which is important for a 14. Unless you're saying start Nikorima instead of Johns?
Sorry, yes I'd go Nikorima instead of Johns only because Johns hasnt given us any undeniable performances to warrant his hold on the position. Wishart I'd say bench for sure as 14 assuming Meany to FB and Warbrick to the right wing. I'd say its snowballs chance itl happen but would like to see how that team goes.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Heading up to Townsville for this game
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd post the squad Bellamy named but if he's not going to take team list Tuesday seriously then neither should we.

Hopefully we have some different players playing this week.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Agreed
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:51 pm I'd post the squad Bellamy named but if he's not going to take team list Tuesday seriously then neither should we.

Hopefully we have some different players playing this week.
I like that Bellamy extends a big middle finger over teamlist Tuesday, why it's even a requirement is beyond me. The opposition doesn't need to know who's playing where, and really, neither do the fans ....sure its nice knowing, but would you be any less of a fan if you didn't know?
The only real beneficiaries are the numerous betting agencies, because knowing the ins and outs effects their odds, and really unless you work for them, who cares if they lose out.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I like that there's a set time that they have to name the teams, I just don't understand why it's Tuesday and not Wednesday for the Thursday game and Thursday for everyone else.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Used to be done early for the game day magazines but they aren't even a thing anymore.

I wish clubs were more open on injuries and what not but I think two days before the game is all we need for who is in or out of the match day squad.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

sallymay wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:27 pm Heading up to Townsville for this game
I was up there for our game last year. during Melbourne's 10,000th lockdown. Great stadium to watch the footy and high humidity. I hope they play a lot better than last time as we won. but didn't play well.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jahrome Hughes is still out, which on one hand is disappointing but on other hand I would prefer him fully fit than to aggravate his injury. Nikorima must be close to a debut.

19 man squad
1 Tyran Wishart
5 Xavier Coates
3 Marion Seve
4 Justin Olam
15 Dean Ieremia
6 Cameron Munster
2 Nick Meaney
8 Jesse Bromwich
9 Harry Grant
10 Brandon Smith
11 Felise Kaufusi
12 Kenny Bromwich
13 Josh King

14 Alec MacDonald
16 Trent Loiero
17 Tui Kamikamica
21 Jordan Grant

18 Chris Lewis
24 Jayden Nikorima
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Good to see Johns not included. Time to give Nikorima a chance.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ieremia AND Seve. Fark this is a game I will be avoiding. Painful viewing incoming.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It’s either a terrible decision to leave Wishart at fullback and moving Meaney to halfback or Bellamy is having a laugh and isn’t taking the team list seriously at all. If it’s the latter I’m surprised the NRL are just ok with that?

I read Bellamy wrong last week but there’s a hint of Nikorima playing tomorrow night.