Magic round Again !!?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
zonecadet
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I tried the club via email but got someone who wasn't connected enough to give me an actual explanation. My question is this, why do we lose a home game every year during Magic Round? Does the club get a sack full of cash and are happy to take it while denying fans a home game (made worse this year seeing how we virtually had no home games for two seasons)?

Or is the evil NRL just being difficult for the fun of it? It seems to me that Manly have also had 'home' games at the last three magic rounds so it's not just the Storm.

Hoping someone here knows the reason for this annual loss.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We sell a home game anyway so it becomes the one in magic round, really annoys me that we no longer get 12 games in Victoria
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Zonecadet the Storm have been selling one home game per year for years. Well before Magic Round started. Magic Round started in 2019.

Storm sold home games
2015 v Dragons at McLean Park, Napier, NZ
2016 v Cowboys at Suncorp
2017 v Titans at Suncorp
2018 v Titans at Suncorp

There may have been others I have missed.
zonecadet
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Scooter, I get that the club has done it in the past, not a fan of it myself but I guess if you play a game in a regional centre you can say you're giving back to regional fans and helping to grow the game. But selling a precious home game for Magic Round leaves me cold and I would assume others too. But I'm still curious as to why we seem to have sold our home game for each of the Magic Rounds played?
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

zonecadet wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:56 pm Scooter, I get that the club has done it in the past, not a fan of it myself but I guess if you play a game in a regional centre you can say you're giving back to regional fans and helping to grow the game. But selling a precious home game for Magic Round leaves me cold and I would assume others too. But I'm still curious as to why we seem to have sold our home game for each of the Magic Rounds played?
It would be for financial reasons. I think clubs make more money selling home games for Magic Round given the high attendance. They probably get some gate takings or something.