Tui Free to Play

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tui’s charges have been dismissed after QLD Police offered no evidence in court today.

Great, now Tui is free to play.

But, can we just acknowledge the no fault stand down policy has f*cked Tui and the club over big time in this case. Tui’s charges had a maximum gaol period of less than the policy guidelines, but Abdo made the decision to stand him down anyway.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:36 am Tui’s charges have been dismissed after QLD Police offered no evidence in court today.

Great, now Tui is free to play.

But, can we just acknowledge the no fault stand down policy has f*cked Tui and the club over big time in this case. Tui’s charges had a maximum gaol period of less than the policy guidelines, but Abdo made the decision to stand him down anyway.
Geeez this is good news...on ALL fronts.

Strengthens our forward pack and Tui was ultimately not found guilty of any offence (due to a complete lack of evidence)
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Assume he wont be allowed to come back straight away? And when he does maybe match fitness in the Qcup? Him bolstering the bench can't happen quick enough though.
Dr Thunder
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Yiiiihaaaa!!!!!!!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Odd there's been no statement from the club or the NRL
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Think I may ask my wife to submit some baseless allegations against some opposition players come finals time just to increase our chances of another GF. The NRL is clearly too woke for their own good and are shafting the players unfairly.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I mean when there’s cctv showing exactly what happened I guess the police decided not to show it cause there was nothing to show (ALLEGEDLY just so I don’t get in trouble)
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Says a lot about QLD Police and prosecution unfortunately. Why put a guy through that - they obviously knew he wasn’t allowed to work - they sought a delay in court appearance, only to acknowledge in court at the final possible hurdle that there was nothing there.

Where is their accountability?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tui is playing for the Falcons today
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Awesome…I’m gonna try watch both storm and falcons
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:14 pm Tui is playing for the Falcons today
That is fabulous news . I hope he plays well, but most of all I hope he enjoys the game.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Both feeders have the bye this weekend, so perhaps Tui straight back in for Tepai?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So there's an apology from him on the club website. Wonder what that means in terms of him playing?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

How does someone get a 10 week suspension for something that resulted in charges being thrown out???