RD 6 vs Sharks

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

nacho wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:19 pm Maybe Dale could Captain storm this week?
You mean Finucane right? Hahahaha :lol:
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Feels like even with our two tries we barely held on that half. Sharks attack has been very fast and precise just lacked the final execution to finish of the set.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

I'm still yet to be convinced that Coates' attacking prowess is worth his defensive frailties.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Coates is really indecisive and making the defence look even worse.
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

A 16 point win against a top 6 side. Enough said.
People expect way to much, it’s so early in the season we have so much more improvement.
I’m more then happy where we are at right now at this point in the season.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Mstorm1999 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:57 pm A 16 point win against a top 6 side. Enough said.
People expect way to much, it’s so early in the season we have so much more improvement.
Completely agree. Missing 4-5 regulars including the Brom bros who would have dropped out late means that is a very good win.

Sure there are things we can do better at but travelling well all things considered.

Cam Munster was magnificent….the difference between the two teams’ spines was a significant factor.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I haven't really been too impressed with a lot of our performances so far, but I know it's early in the season and we've also been shuffling around our team for most/all games. But even with the obvious defensive issues tonight I'm still (strangely) fairly happy with our effort against a pretty good side that had a ridiculously high completion percentage (apart from the last 5 minutes), a lot of possession and territory early, and plenty of line breaks and scoring opportunities.

Despite all of this (plus missing the Bromwich Bros), we scrambled well and managed to hold on, and found enough energy to still be exciting in attack with a decent completion percentage ourselves. Munster and NAS were the obvious standouts for me, and Paps' 7/7 with the boot was also impressive.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NAS seemed like he had a point to prove when he came back on. I feel like something happened and he decided he was going to really stick it to them.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mstorm1999 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:57 pm A 16 point win against a top 6 side. Enough said.
I don't think we expect too much at all. Our right side defence was laughable. Cronulla never seriously looked like scoring anywhere else.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with where we are on the ladder. But there is plenty of improvement needed, and the top coaches will be looking at our right side defence and salivating.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

One critical thing I am going to say. Tepai Moeroa needs to either get fit enough to be more involved and play bigger minutes or I'd rather see Jordan Grant play each week.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Were Meaney and Coates on different sides if the field last night as I'm sure I remember the pairing of Coates and Olam.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Right side:
Rd 1 Jennings, R.Smith
2 Coates R.Smith
3 Ieremia R.Smith
4-6 Coates R.Smith

Left side
1 Coates, Olam
2 Ieremia Olam
3-6 Meaney Olam
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:07 am One critical thing I am going to say. Tepai Moeroa needs to either get fit enough to be more involved and play bigger minutes or I'd rather see Jordan Grant play each week.
His lack of effort on the Moylan break near the end of the first half was terrible.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:18 pm Coates is really indecisive and making the defence look even worse.
Coates' greatest ability in defence is taking the space...
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kaufusi fined.

Somehow the Cronulla Headhunters (definitely should be their name after the way they played last night) didn't cop a single charge. Just, how?!