Round 5 v Raiders (in Wagga)

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's interesting how far up some lists Papenhuyzen already sits.

He's 10th on points and gaining fast
Equal 18th for tries
5th for goals
And equal 2nd for field goals

All in just 62 matches
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Pretty solid win.

Very dominant through the middle and some defence needing work outside.

Spine and middles strong. Good enough to account for Canberra (people over rate for me - big pack and Wighton bit little else) but probably need to find more to beat a genuine contender.

I think we are one big man away from being just right ie not sure why Meora doesn’t get longer minutes? He can sure do 2 15 mins spells. We obviously miss Welchy and Tui.

Finucane is the obviously glue Miss from last year but King has filled his shoes way more than I thought he might
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

King has been a much bigger gain than Coates but nobody will make a fuss over him because he's not as fashionable
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

King screams Storm DNA to me. Reminds of Dallas Johnson, Glen Turner, Ryan Hinchcliffe types.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Not sure Turner belongs in that company, but I take your point. King has been tremendous.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas, you are probably correct GT might not belong in that company. He did only play 50-odd games for Storm. But I was a big fan I thought he did a lot of those one percenters.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:43 pm It's interesting how far up some lists Papenhuyzen already sits.

He's 10th on points and gaining fast
Equal 18th for tries
5th for goals
And equal 2nd for field goals

All in just 62 matches
It is unbelievable.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Scooter wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:19 am King screams Storm DNA to me. Reminds of Dallas Johnson, Glen Turner, Ryan Hinchcliffe types.
I loved when Harry called him the bin -chicken.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Scooter wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:19 am King screams Storm DNA to me. Reminds of Dallas Johnson, Glen Turner, Ryan Hinchcliffe types.
Absolutely. Our buy of the season.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Doesn't look like any of our guys got charged.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:16 pm Doesn't look like any of our guys got charged.
And yet they get put on report and more importantly the penalty that is awarded against us.

So, the commentators kept banging on about how we are the second most penalised team. When these penalties get reviewed by the MRO (or whatever they're called) and they don't get charged is the statistic for the penalties reversed?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Fox comms are getting worse and worse. Voss and Smith have been good callers but they've let their personal feelings and biases slip through over the last couple of years. Both don't enjoy the game as much as they used to.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:40 am The Fox comms are getting worse and worse. Voss and Smith have been good callers but they've let their personal feelings and biases slip through over the last couple of years. Both don't enjoy the game as much as they used to.
and both appear to strongly dislike the Melbourne Storm as much as they always have..
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:14 am
Mattpoet wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:16 pm Doesn't look like any of our guys got charged.
And yet they get put on report and more importantly the penalty that is awarded against us.

So, the commentators kept banging on about how we are the second most penalised team. When these penalties get reviewed by the MRO (or whatever they're called) and they don't get charged is the statistic for the penalties reversed?
More to the point, does the ref get looked at?
Dr Thunder
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Storm Spirit wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:27 am
blazza18 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:40 am The Fox comms are getting worse and worse. Voss and Smith have been good callers but they've let their personal feelings and biases slip through over the last couple of years. Both don't enjoy the game as much as they used to.
and both appear to strongly dislike the Melbourne Storm as much as they always have..
unbelievable the storm hate in the media .
everyone hates the storm yet they love it when they get our players eg. the sharks this year
I have stopped watching the fox nrl shows as i find them infuriating . I think newscorp has something against melbourne storm .
A further example to this when you look at the top4 ;
panthers; described as the team to beat and the best team in the comp
Sharks ; a team on the rise and definite contenders
parramatta ; this is their season and tipped by so called experts to win the comp.
Melbourne ; summed up by that idiot braith anasta comments last week " where do we have the storm " after 5 rounds . The answer is second place and going as strong as ever. It s like they are death riding the storm and all we get is negative media. They hope munster signs with the dolphins and alarm bells are going through my mind when anasta is munster's manager!