Rd 2 - Storm vs South Sydney

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jesse is no captain. Never has been.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

true dat^^^
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea we were very frantic and panicky in the second half for almost no reason. No way should the game have played out the way it did. Know it’s a ploy and tactic to slow the play down but just moronic to continue to give away penalties and play one down.

We never kicked for field position despite a lead for most of the game. Munster and Hughes just putting up mid field bombs just put extra pressure on set after set. We gotta improve big time there.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Sutton just taking the piss with some of those obstruction and offside interpretations.
Munster - BEHIND a player who fell over - interfered in the play? Really? And when was the last time a player who ran behind a team mate and then took the tackle was penalised for obstruction?

PS Second half was awful except for Paps field goal.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Worst 14 mins of rugby storm have played in a very long time. Too many grown men trying to be heros instead of playing for the team.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed, TC. Apparently forward passes don't exist when the Rabbits are throwing them from dummy half either.

But our defence and intensity in the second half (and for a lot of the first) was truly awful. I can't really assess our attack in the second half because it seemed like we either handed it straight back to the Rabbits or the ref found ways to keep it in their hands. Such a shame for Bellamy that this was such a forgettable performance from the boys.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Penalty count 10-4. Sutton should get all 6 dally m votes for that.
Teejay
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Storm_M_36 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:19 pm Worst 14 mins of rugby storm have played in a very long time. Too many grown men trying to be heros instead of playing for the team.
So true
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

nacho wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:55 pm I'm expecting to see leadership from JBrom in this last part of the match but I only see him laying on to tackled men.
And remaining laying on the ground after the tackled player plays the ball!

As for Munsters attempts at tackling, he's got to expect plenty of traffic his way this season.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:35 pm Penalty count 10-4. Sutton should get all 6 dally m votes for that.
I sit on the 40 at the Yarra end of the ground so was a bit far away to know what all the penalties and the bin were for in that last 15 minutes. Honestly, we played 12 on 14 for periods in that game.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

And goal line drop outs that roll 10 meters and you don't jump on it, WTF? Do our players need some lessons in the nuance of Rugba League?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sin bin was for being offside, apparently that's sin bin worthy now 🤷
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It is when one player is constantly doing it along with the team giving away multiple other penalties to slow the play down. Storm/Olam gotta be smarter tbh.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:03 am It is when one player is constantly doing it along with the team giving away multiple other penalties to slow the play down. Storm/Olam gotta be smarter tbh.
Agreed. Unfortunately for Olam it couldn’t have come at a worse time as I’m pretty sure two of the final three tries were scored in his centre channel so I’m sure he won’t be getting let off for that.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Game was reffed fine for 60 minutes then sutton was like you haven’t seen me enough 🤦‍♀️