Announcement about captain/s 2/3/22

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

All the Melbourne league journos have been told tomorrow an announcement will be named re CAPTAIN/ S they have been told it could be 1 or 2 but is not 5

My guess is is Jesse and Christian
Or
Christian and Jahrome

On SEN today they asked Christian if he was the new captain and he wouldn’t say yes or no

Justin rodski on SEN was referring to Jesse as the 2021 captain wasn’t saying 2022 captain

Can’t wait to find out
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Welch & Papi
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

Welch and Jesse seems logical
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:28 pm All the Melbourne league journos have been told tomorrow an announcement will be named re CAPTAIN/ S they have been told it could be 1 or 2 but is not 5

Or
Christian and Jahrome

On SEN today they asked Christian if he was the new captain and he wouldn’t say yes or no

Justin rodski on SEN was referring to Jesse as the 2021 captain wasn’t saying 2022 captain

Can’t wait to find out
After the situation with Dale leaving ...I don't think the Club will want to have Jesse as Captain.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:26 pm
sallymay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:28 pm All the Melbourne league journos have been told tomorrow an announcement will be named re CAPTAIN/ S they have been told it could be 1 or 2 but is not 5

Or
Christian and Jahrome

Can’t wait to find out
After the situation with Dale leaving ...I don't think the Club will want to have Jesse as Captain.
If they have Jess and another player who is 100% staying for a few years then losing him next year won’t matter
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:27 pm
Storm Spirit wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:26 pm

Or
Christian and Jahrome

Can’t wait to find out
If they have Jess and another player who is 100% staying for a few years then losing him next year won’t matter
I understand how that argument can be made.. I just don't think it's a great look for the long term stability and marketing of the Club.

Make Jahrome or Pappy a secondary Captain along with Welchy....they're the future of our Club and the type of players that younger generations coming though the gates each week want to get excited about as being Captain in addition to a gun player.

Our Club is growing phenomenally in terms of it's Member base and supporter base.....get these decisions right now and you can capture younger persons hearts and minds as part of Melbourne Storm RLFC
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I guess we find out tomorrow
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:52 pm I guess we find out tomorrow
Absolutely 😁. We’re all Storm…we all want every decision to make our Club stronger
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Welch solo is my tip.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So I think Welch or Paps are the two obvious choices but both have health issues so I'm not sure aye.
Utha
Squall
Squall

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Happy with Welchy getting it …Rome will join him next year
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Utha wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:42 pm Confirmed JBrom and Weichy: https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... m-in-2022/
Didn’t think JBrom ( while a club legend) worked particularly well as Captain last year, but best wishes to them both
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munster pulls the strings on field anyway
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Welsh good choice.
I don't think Jesse offers a great deal as skipper - I'd much rather Hughes. I think Paps and/or Harry are the future, but I'd give them another year or two (and same with Eddie since he blotted his copy book recently).
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately