Round 1 vs Wests Tigers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd like to see Warbrick replace Jennings especially against Souths. A big body would be advantageous.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Curious to have a look at Warbrick too. But I reckon Ieremia is next winger in.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:41 pm Curious to have a look at Warbrick too. But I reckon Ieremia is next winger in.
I think you are right. He is a tried and tested winger for us, although I think his performances have been pretty ordinary. When there is an Olympian from a great Sevens system it would be a real head scratcher if they didn't put him in.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I might be wrong but unless he had some amazing preseason Warbrick would be a ways away from playing.

The Loiero tackle that was put on report wasn't even close to what we used to call a cannonball tackle. So confused over what people are seeing in that one. He came in and wrapped his arms around the lower part of the leg. Just have to look at the Collins tackle in the Roosters game to see the difference between what is dangerous or not.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

So Nas starts with Jessie but do we look at the Falcons or Tigers for a reserve prop or do we already have an option?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Schonig is at the Falcons, what's the situation there?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:36 pm I'd like to see Warbrick replace Jennings especially against Souths. A big body would be advantageous.
It’ll be Meaney on the wing. Munster back to 6. Harry back to 9. Wishart bench spot. IMHO
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Itzbek the Purple wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:28 am So Nas starts with Jessie but do we look at the Falcons or Tigers for a reserve prop or do we already have an option?
Jordan Grant when he recovers from his calf injury. 3-4 weeks ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

On Welch, we need to start a campaign to ensure he never gets a trading card again. Only had one in 2017 and this year apparently, serious injuries both times. I blame TLA (company who makes the cards)
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gutsy win after all of the injuries. But what a price… Nightmare fuel.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Dreadful night for injuries but man, you’ve got to be happy with the way Loiero, MacDonald and Wishart played.

Wishart played 78 minutes in the middle.

As for the solution to positional problems it wouldn’t surprise me if Howarth came into the conversation as a fill-in at centre or possibly jagged a spot on the bench.

Other possibility is moving King up front and playing MacDonald at lock as he did last night.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Loiero just a fine. Twal not charged, I wonder how much that's because Ennis kept harping on one and ignored the other including not even replaying it... I wonder if we'd have legal recourse against him?
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

riders of the storm wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:51 pm Dreadful night for injuries but man, you’ve got to be happy with the way Loiero, MacDonald and Wishart played.

Wishart played 78 minutes in the middle.

As for the solution to positional problems it wouldn’t surprise me if Howarth came into the conversation as a fill-in at centre or possibly jagged a spot on the bench.

Other possibility is moving King up front and playing MacDonald at lock as he did last night.
We've put a lot of eggs in the Howarth basket signing him up for so long. Gotta play him sooner or later.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Trent even copping a fine is so bs man. Like I fully understand how dangerous those tackles can be but he’s come in a actually made a proper tackle. Need someone to explain to me how he’s been charged and the others let go from this weekend.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's because of Ennis