Trial match vs Newcastle

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Did anyone catch the game? I only saw a few bits and pieces but from what I saw the guys looked pretty good.

Josh King looks awesome. Had heavy involvement and ran a few plays up the middle before firing some nice passes off.

I also really like the look of Tyran Wishart. He had good service, made some decent runs and pulled off a heap of tackles. Really looks like he’s ready to play NRL. I think once Smith leaves this guy will easily swap in to play the bench utility role.

Jahrome Hughes also hasn’t missed a beat either. He looks really switched on and placed some nice kicks in play including a beautiful chip ahead for George Jennings to score.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think the guys you pointed out definitely were the stars. I thought Munster did well too and the courage to make the captain's challenge was a stroke of genius, I think we will see many fox sports articles talking about our new 'sneaky tactic'.

Hopefully Cooper is ok and the other injury concerns.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wishart and Meaney are outstanding pick ups. Bellyache and Frank & recruiting team have an outstanding ability to identify players that will increase depth and make the team continue to function at a high level..
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agree with you guys, Meaney, Wishart and King all good recruits.

Hughes and Munster were both good. I thought it was interesting that Munster played a lot at fullback when Meaney will be playing there in round one.

NAS is a beast. Hopefully we can re-sign him.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought Garlick did a couple of good things when he came on too.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thought McDonald offered some good spark from the bench.

If Paps isn't good to go round 1, it'll be interesting to see who we put at 1 or 6 (Meaney will do one or the other). Warbrick must be injured, didn't get a run.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:38 am Thought McDonald offered some good spark from the bench.

If Paps isn't good to go round 1, it'll be interesting to see who we put at 1 or 6 (Meaney will do one or the other). Warbrick must be injured, didn't get a run.
Looked like he hurt his knee during Warriors game. Made a tackle and was left clutching his knee on the ground. Didn't look majorly serious (as in being stretchered off or helped off by trainers).
Last edited by Storm Spirit on Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought King would be more like a Hinchcliffe type player, but I am feeling he will follow the lead of Welch. Exciting times ahead and I am so happy that younger players are able to get opportunities in our system.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Our middle forwards are always pretty good but it amazes me how much better we are when NAS is on the field and plays well. He looks even bigger this year and the Knights could barely contain him.

Wishart was good from dummy half. Jahrome has levelled up as a player. Thought we should've scored more points and lacked some attacking brilliance/spark inside the 10. We really need Paps to return to his 2020 form.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Josh king is literally hinchcliffe reincarnated
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:10 pm Our middle forwards are always pretty good but it amazes me how much better we are when NAS is on the field and plays well. He looks even bigger this year and the Knights could barely contain him.
I agree but I'd hate to have too much reliance upon the big fella. Welchy gives it his all but who else is there?