For Love or Money

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Seeing that its the off season I have an off topic post.
Did any one watch that show a while back called " For Love or Money"?
I missed the last episode. I was hooked on it. Any one know what happened or have it on tape?
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

For some reason I thought this was about players intentions - whether they should play for love or money. :)

Anyways - I did watch the final show - and here's a rundown of what happened:
Season 1 Episode 6
Jul 18 2003

Cotton Candy.

Yep, that's what the two hour finale reminded me of. Fluff, mostly air, ultimately not that satisfying, yet tasty. And, lest you think I'm complaining, this was a great "last" episode; the complete antithesis of Joe Millionaire.

There really isn't that much to re-cap here, Erin and Paige return to the house and are told about the choice, they spend most of the next day talking about what they'll ultimately do if chosen (Paige -> Rob, Erin -> Money,) Rob shows up later for dinner and "private" walks around the yard [after Rob mentions that he needs attention, and Paige is giving it to him, Erin starts giving up the kisses,] more introspection with the girls, and finally Rob chooses.

I have to give kudos to the producers here. I was expecting the worst (recaps, interviews with tossed women, and lingering shots of folk looking concerned,) and I really didn't get it. In fact, I was mesmerized by how skillfully they drew the show out without making it painful.

They (the producers) also did a masterful job of creating the illusion that Paige and Erin were struggling with their choices, they didn't really succeed, but the attempt was skillful. They also made sure that the trained chimp followed their script for how he was supposed to talk to the women during the "I choose" segment, up until it was revealed we weren't 100% sure of his choice.

I found myself rooting for Paige, ('cause she's so sweet and all,) while also hoping that he'd pick Erin so she'd kick him to the curb. [I'm on record for the choosee to pick the cash since the second episode.] So, was I pleased?

YOU BET! First they show us Rob telling Paige that his heart says he should go with Erin. Paige did a fantastic job of keeping herself together and left with dignity. Then, after he chooses Erin, she tells him about the choice, and that while she came to the show looking for love, that she didn't have the spark with him, and she's choosing the $1 million. [Another aside, the producers also succeeded in making me feel a little sorry for Rob here, and to his credit he went with the woman he wanted the most rather than the one that would have guaranteed him a share of the money.]

But there's fifteen minutes left. What kind of shocking twist will they reveal next? "Three weeks later" Erin returns to the house, and is offered the chance to find love, and double her money! That's right, next week fifteen bachelors will come looking for love, only to be told they have a chance at $1 million; but what they don't know is that if the choose Erin over the money, she wins $2 million. Fan-freakin'-tastic!

[By the way, I'd bet money that if Rob had chosen Paige, the producers would have offered Erin a "Trista" anyway.]
For Love or Money Episode Guide - About.com
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Thanks Buzz.
I cant beleive Erin chose the money, I wish I had of seen it, classic.