2022 talk

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Has anyone seen the photos of Munster from today

Holy ducking **** the guy looks amazing
Amazing what an off season hanging around the right people can do
Instead of hanging with bad crowd

Anyone seen any other players they are impressed by for 2022
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munny looks good!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tui looked bloody sharp.

I really hope his situation is resolved asap and I hope even more for a positive outcome.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wait Tui…I haven’t seen any photos of him
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:17 am Tui looked bloody sharp.

I really hope his situation is resolved asap and I hope even more for a positive outcome.
I thought the Club had stood Tui down while the Police were conducting further investigations ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Due to the amount of media he does, I'm guessing CW will be a co-captain this year.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wouldn't mind that
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In the paper on the weekend, there was an interview with Craig Bellamy and he was asked who impressed him over the pre-season.

In terms of recruits he said he had been impressed with the work ethic of Xavier Coates and Josh King.

I was happy to see work ethic mentioned for Coates. I was also very happy to see King mentioned. King is the quintessential Bellamy player.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Interesting comment by CW off the storm website where he referred to King as "Hitman." This will be an interesting year, I think.
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

A lot of talk seems to be around Harry starting at 9 and Brandon at 13 but I don't know why we would change such a successful formula from last year (and a great point of difference to other teams) with Harry 14 and Brandon 9.
Harry comes on at 9 first interchange and Brandon moving to 13 and the 13 (usually Dale, otherwise it was Tui or even NAS) moving to prop. Since Tui is out and NAS probably a bit underdone to be starting early in the season I could see Josh King getting a start at lock. Tepai is another possibility depending on his preseason.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Pretty simple really, we lose Brandon next year and Harry is the future. It makes sense to get Harry as much time at 9 as possible in order to build combinations while we still have a solid plan B....Brandon can operate as backup hooker/impact. It will work out more or less the same, but the club is right in giving the long term 9 more opportunities and investment than to the bloke whose out the door in 6 months time.

Harry won't grow to his potential starting at 14. We saw how much Brandon came along last year with regular starting minutes, so the same applies to Harry this year.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

So what are people's thoughts on the first trial game?
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Itzbek the Purple wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:32 pm So what are people's thoughts on the first trial game?
I thought it was fairly obvious in the final 20 or so that a lot of younger guys were out there with a heap of bad mistakes, poor penalties and defensive lapses.

Munster looked good while he was on. Called for the ball a heap and showed a willingness to really take the defence on. Liked what I saw from Howarth even if his hands let him down a bit – ditto Loiero who also looks good but just needs to tighten up a bit. Brandon Smith doesn't look to have missed a beat much and Coates looked fantastic running in for a try. Also liked Meaney too – he wasn't flashy but was solid under the high ball. Nikorima also had a nice moment in the first set with a quick chip in behind to force a line drop-out.
Bartos
Squall
Squall

I like Wishart at dummy half. Had some nice passes. Probably starting hooker round 1
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

Wishart, Meaney & Howarth all solid performances.

Jack runs hard and defends hard for a 19 year old, really like the look of this kid. Going to be a special player for us, i am so happy we locked him up long term.