NAS refusing Covid 19 vaccine

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Doesn't sound as though this is going to end well....hope the Club have a contingency plan in place for a replacement player... :'( :'( :'(

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/unvacc ... 593z1.html
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I feel like if there's a legitimate reason behind players not getting vaxed, that there should be an allowance made by the NRL to stand that player down on full or reduced pay. That legitimate reason may be bonafide religious beliefs or medical exemption.

Given at this stage that the NRL has not effected a mandatory vaccination requirement, Melbourne should be at a minimum allowed special concession in regards to NAS because it's down to a state policy issue and not actually a breach of the NRL's policy. If he was playing for any other team it would be a non issue at this point.

Hopefully Melbourne don't do anything rash (I doubt they will)
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

This concerns me as the NRL will not mandate every player to have a vaccination. But under Victorian law any athlete using AAMI Park must be have double dose of the vaccination. So what happens if say the Dragons, for an example, are due to play Storm at AAMI Park and they have five unvaccinated players. Do the Dragons play without those players because the NRL say tough luck, does the NRL step in and get an exemption, does the NRL move the game to NSW/Queensland. This is not going to end well, I can feel it.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Here you go NAS.....let me make this as simple as possible for you big fella...

Premiers
Squall
Squall

He’s always come across as a moron
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I mean I get it he is pro choice I also get the whole religion thing

But the way he has be acting the last couple of weeks posting conspiracy theories and anti government anti vaxx things on his Insta has been just stupid

He has flown to qld for 2 years been kept safe for 2 years kept his job for 2 years now he is acting like a 5 years old

I doubt it will end well for storm
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surely storm is relocated again for 2022 due to the differing state laws. If so, hopefully a non issue.
Utha
Squall
Squall

Boy am I glad the club offered free memberships for next year now...
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

So many goody goodies in today's society, who think they can dictate what everyone must do. I hope he doesn't get the jab and sticks to his principles. FYI, I'm fully vaxed and couldn't care less what others want to put into their own bodies. It's 100% up to each individual!
Bartos
Squall
Squall

This just reaffirms my opinion of big Nasty. He is my favourite player and I love him. Big Nelly from Welly !!!!
Bartos
Squall
Squall

I'm entitled to an opinion and say who my favourite player is and why. Who is yours and why?

Stop bullying me by calling me names please or mod ban him
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Premiers wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:48 pm I hope he gets sacked. POS
Goof for you. I'll send your gold star in the post!
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Premiers wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:24 pm Shows what a complete moron you are
Get back under your bridge
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Clarkey on Instagram reporting Jesse said NAS ignored him when he reached out, and said the team cares deeply about the situation.

Hmm, Clarkey is usually on the money, I hope its incorrect because ignoring a legendary Kiwi team mate, and club captain is quite the statement.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:06 pm Clarkey on Instagram reporting Jesse said NAS ignored him when he reached out, and said the team cares deeply about the situation.

Hmm, Clarkey is usually on the money, I hope its incorrect because ignoring a legendary Kiwi team mate, and club captain is quite the statement.
It ain't going to end well :-\