2022 Draw

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Looks like we should have the 2022 draw by next Sunday, according to the $hitney Morning Herald article which states "Under the agreement with the broadcasters, the governing body is committed to finishing the schedule by the last day of October." :-D :-D :-D :-D

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/reynol ... 58wpk.html
Bartos
Squall
Squall

I know it would never happen but how good would a round 1 magic round in Melbourne be with no AFL on since we usually start 1 or 2 weeks before
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What’s the bet we get panthers away RD 1

Whoever we get it will be a sucky game without our best players
Storm2016
Squall
Squall

Not sure how much interest it is too fans and the club, but hopefully we get Rd 2 at AAMI for Craig Bellamy 500th game as coach. I know it doesnt get as much plaudits as a players big milestone, but given its all with the one club and what he has done for our club, id really like to see this milestone be made a big deal of and celebrated, and to have it at home as the return game, i think would be better then a home game in Rd 1 without Munster, Cheese and Grant.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm2016 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:46 am Not sure how much interest it is too fans and the club, but hopefully we get Rd 2 at AAMI for Craig Bellamy 500th game as coach. I know it doesnt get as much plaudits as a players big milestone, but given its all with the one club and what he has done for our club, id really like to see this milestone be made a big deal of and celebrated, and to have it at home as the return game, i think would be better then a home game in Rd 1 without Munster, Cheese and Grant.
God, 500 games, where did they go?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Got eaten up pretty fast by all those finals 😁
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:28 am Got eaten up pretty fast by all those finals 😁
:toothy8:
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Could the 2022 draw be announced tomorrow.....Or will the NRL break their agreement with the broadcasters because of covid?

Round 1 2022 predictions

Thursday, March 10
7:50pm: South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Brisbane Broncos at Stadium Australia, Homebush

Friday, March 11
6pm: Canberra Raiders vs Wests Tigers at GIO Stadium, Canberra
7:55pm: Penrith Panthers vs Canterbury Bulldogs at Panthers Stadium, Penrith

Saturday, March 12
3pm: Manly Sea Eagles vs Gold Coast Titans at Four Pines Park, Brookvale
5:30pm: New Zealand Warriors vs Sydney Roosters at Moreton Daily Stadium, Redcliffe or Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland
7:35pm: Melbourne Storm vs Cronulla Sharks at AAMI Park, Melbourne

Sunday, March 13
4:05pm: Newcastle Knights vs Parramatta Eels at McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle
6:15pm: St George Illawarra Dragons vs North Queensland Cowboys at Jubilee Oval, Kogarah

Yes please!!

Source: https://www.zerotackle.com/who-plays-wh ... 22-110891/
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Are we adding Nelson to that unavailable list? Has refused covid jabs and likely to be stood down. Great, thats all we need.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm's full 2022 draw is out. I'm happy with it apart from the number of Thursday matches and having to give up a home game to play the Panthers in Brisbane, is another kick in the guts for us Storm members in Vic!

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/draw/ ... eason=2022
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

6 Thursday games! Not impressed.
It's a joke that after how few games we have played at home in the last 2 years they have made Magic round a "home" game for us.
ALL the teams we only play once are from the bottom half of the table (except for the Titans who came 8th). So we play ALL the other top 7 teams twice!
While Justin Rodski might be pleased that we have 7 of our first 10 games at home, I'd much prefer them spread relatively evenly - playing 7 of our last ten away isn't a great run home.

But other than that it doesn't look too bad.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ROADTRIPPPPPPP