End of year celebrations - to be investigated

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What a way to end the year. No matter what the outcome of the investigation this will be remembered.

The boys need to be more selective with their friends.

Have a look at The Daily Blue on Instagram for an uncensored photo of who the alleged player could be.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/melbo ... db1afd9d06
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

One is obvious. The other … I’d be shocked if it was. Irrespective…..just mind numbingly dumb. So much privilege. So insulting to members who supported the Club financially for the last 2 years. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Betrayed by so called friends
til0011
Squall
Squall

nacho wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:30 pm What a way to end the year. No matter what the outcome of the investigation this will be remembered.

Have a look at The Daily Blue on Instagram for an uncensored photo of who the alleged player could be.

Guys it’s obviously cooper johns
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

til0011 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:20 pm
nacho wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:30 pm What a way to end the year. No matter what the outcome of the investigation this will be remembered.

I can 100% confirm it’s not Cooper

I’ve watched the video there are 6 people in the video
3 players
3 randoms

Person filming
til0011
Squall
Squall

sallymay wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:25 pm
til0011 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:20 pm

I can 100% confirm it’s not Cooper

I’ve watched the video there are 6 people in the video
3 players
3 randoms

Person filming
Tis a joke
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A second video on Sunrise of the player dancing on the table - which doesn't seem like any rules are broken unless we are now in Footloose, appears to have tatts on his arms, leads me to one obvious player but again nothing wrong in that video. Just can't believe they boys have been absolutely shafted by a "friend"
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Well they did announce on the radio this morning who the two players being investigated are
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Seeing one of the "characters" (so named all over the internet) involved, and using cliche'd items too, I hope to god this is just a giant, albeit in poor taste, piss take.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

May as well name Brandon and Munster. News outlets now showing it without pixelation.
Lazza
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

What is with recording everything?
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If you're stupid enough to be doing what they were obviously doing, you're stupid enough to record it (or not care that it was).

I'm starting to not really care whether we end up losing Munster to a new Brisbane team - his lacklustre or ineffective games are now just about equaling (or even outnumbering) his stand-out performances, and he keeps talking about needing to step up and/or getting more involved in big games, but on the big stage in important games for the Storm this simply fails to happen on too many occasions.

I really don't know (I can't tell) if he is genuinely that interested in even playing for us anymore - it frequently looks like his head is somewhere else entirely, but maybe he is just someone that struggles with all of the pressure that is put on him to be an elite, game-changing player in the NRL (for the Storm and QLD)... or maybe he's just lazy.

His off-field choices like this stupidity certainly don't help matters.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Insomniac wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:11 pm If you're stupid enough to be doing what they were obviously doing, you're stupid enough to record it (or not care that it was).

I'm starting to not really care whether we end up losing Munster to a new Brisbane team - his lacklustre or ineffective games are now just about equaling (or even outnumbering) his stand-out performances, and he keeps talking about needing to step up and/or getting more involved in big games, but on the big stage in important games for the Storm this simply fails to happen on too many occasions.

I really don't know (I can't tell) if he is genuinely that interested in even playing for us anymore - it frequently looks like his head is somewhere else entirely, but maybe he is just someone that struggles with all of the pressure that is put on him to be an elite, game-changing player in the NRL (for the Storm and QLD)... or maybe he's just lazy.

I'm kind of inclined to agree with this. He's an excellent player on his day but he's had a few misdemeanours now and the talk about going to another club just isn't a good look. Pretty sure, and I could be wrong here, but he's the club's highest paid player isn't he?
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

riders of the storm wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:23 pm
Insomniac wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:11 pm If you're stupid enough to be doing what they were obviously doing, you're stupid enough to record it (or not care that it was).

I'm kind of inclined to agree with this. He's an excellent player on his day but he's had a few misdemeanours now and the talk about going to another club just isn't a good look. Pretty sure, and I could be wrong here, but he's the club's highest paid player isn't he?
I third this.

I come to this fact - would I rather Munster at $1m or Nicho and Dale at $500k each (I think Dale signed for $600 at Sharks but I’m confident would have at $500 to stay)?
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Apparently according to Daily Telegraph, there's a third player that's also been named, Chris Lewis , going to be interviewed.
Last edited by Itzbek the Purple on Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.