End of year celebrations - to be investigated

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:44 am Who knows how much of it is true but it's interesting that a couple of journos have recently mentioned we might not want Munster past his current contract.
I think whether or not the club continues with Munster will depend on how he plays/behaves next season regardless what the journos have said. No doubt he's on thin ice but so was Thurston at the same age and if the club think he's redeemable, probably minders will be assigned to him like the situation with Thurston.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Interesting times coming up. I wonder if the new Brisbane side will still want him as their face (and possibly captain) to start them off?

Might mean we get the opportunity to keep him on the cheap. He faces an incredibly important year in 2022.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The NRL has come down hard on Melbourne trio Cameron Munster, Brandon Smith and Chris Lewis in handing down punishments for the white powder video scandal.

WWOS reported the Storm stars have been hit with a breach notice over the white-powder scandal which proposes a one match ban and $50,000 in fines.

The breach notices propose a $30,000 fine for Munster, while Smith has been fined $15,000 and Lewis $4000, with each player to miss the opening match of next season.

Warriors star Reece Walsh has also been sanctioned for bringing the game into disrepute, after he was arrested and charged with cocaine possession and has copped a two-game ban.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... ent=static
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sounds about right - a bit lighter in regards to the suspension than what I was expecting from the NRL actually.

Watch the NRL now schedule a big 'prime time' rivalry game for us in Round 1 knowing that we'll be undermanned though - Roosters, Manly or Penrith.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dunno where the 4 game punishment talk came from but that was never going to happen. Given how they've treated Bromwich for his indiscretion I think all the words from the club mean very little tbh.

Hopefully Munster can sort himself out. Seems to be in a dark place.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

He is going to be a day in a few months. He needs to sort himself for that, if for nothing else.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

$100k suspended fine on Munny is bloody harsh. If he stays off the booze he will be fine but the guy is having his first kid soon. Any celebratory drinks are fair play.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:34 pm Dunno where the 4 game punishment talk came from but that was never going to happen. Given how they've treated Bromwich for his indiscretion I think all the words from the club mean very little tbh.

Hopefully Munster can sort himself out. Seems to be in a dark place.
No, I was thinking they'd probably hand out 2-week suspensions.

In regards to Munster, I really just think he is no longer that happy living/playing in Melbourne, even though the last 2 years have essentially been in QLD - it may well have been these last 2 years spending so much time in QLD that he decided he'd rather just stay there, especially with a baby on the way and his partner's family living there.

He looks distracted and unsettled, but it also sounds like there's been a bit of personal stuff going on in the last year or so that would understandably make football less of a priority, or at least more of a challenge to fully concentrate on. For all parties, it just seems like an early release to join a QLD team might be in everyone's best interests.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hopefully once his baby comes he grows up a bit

I love that they are making them do community stuff working with local league clubs …they can come to mine
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Turns out that Munster will be attending rehab for his drinking problems:

“I want you to all know I am working on that. Starting tomorrow, I will be attending a treatment facility for the next four weeks".

Source:
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/ ... 288958774f
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Seeing Munny get choked up was difficult to be honest. Outsiders will lay the boot in, but we've seen him start at the club assisting the memberships team (albeit badly) as a kid and is still growing up. Damn the spotlight sucks. Hopefully he comes out stronger than ever before, for more than just footy's sake.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Is it wrong that I'm most disappointed in Lewis' apology? The guy's a teacher! I think that should have been acknowledged. Plus I thought he was smarter than that, I mean, I never thought of Munny or Brandon as all that clever.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:09 pm Is it wrong that I'm most disappointed in Lewis' apology? The guy's a teacher! I think that should have been acknowledged. Plus I thought he was smarter than that, I mean, I never thought of Munny or Brandon as all that clever.
I thought exactly the same when I heard Lewis’s apology. It was almost bordering on unemotional. Maybe he felt gutted for having been roped in with Munster and Smith….but he’s just as guilty. Hopefully he doesn’t see himself as the victim in all this 🤔🤔🤨
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Have you guys seen the Old boys apology video ,…I’m absolutely disgusted by it

If it’s the real video /only video they did the I’m embarrassed where our club is heading

39 seconds and only Munster talks

It’s a joke
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Insomniac wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:46 pm
In regards to Munster, I really just think he is no longer that happy living/playing in Melbourne, even though the last 2 years have essentially been in QLD - it may well have been these last 2 years spending so much time in QLD that he decided he'd rather just stay there, especially with a baby on the way and his partner's family living there.
Maybe he's less than happy being so close to his outlaws and getting back to Melbourne may be a good thing? Quite obviously don't know the whole story and nor should we.