End of year celebrations - to be investigated

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The third player in in the first video it’s not hard to work out who it is
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fox Sports have already named Chris Lewis as the third player.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And there goes his teaching career
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I know this is not a good look and is a very bad situation. But all the videos show is they are in a room with other people and there is white power present in the room. This would not stand up in a court of law. There is no proof, that the white power is a drug and there is no proof that they took the white powder. I understand you don't need to be a genius to work out what is going on. But there is no evidence of breaking any laws and there was no police involved. Other players have got away with a lot more, like they panthers player playing last years grand final with cocaine in his system. But again the NRL will become judge and jury when they want too.

Nadia Bartel was also filmed sniffing a white power and no charges were laid by the police because they could no prove what it was she was sniffing.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:10 pm I know this is not a good look and is a very bad situation. But all the videos show is they are in a room with other people and there is white power present in the room. This would not stand up in a court of law. There is no proof, that the white power is a drug and there is no proof that they took the white powder. I understand you don't need to be a genius to work out what is going on. But there is no evidence of breaking any laws and there was no police involved. Other players have got away with a lot more, like they panthers player playing last years grand final with cocaine in his system. But again the NRL will become judge and jury when they want too.

Nadia Bartel was also filmed sniffing a white power and no charges were laid by the police because they could no prove what it was she was sniffing.
It's not charges that the players need to worry about....it's the reputational damage to Melbourne Storm that is the biggest kick in the guts.

lima lima lima duck me these stupid lima lima lima duck idiots do my head in.

So much privilege....and they do this shit.

Don't @ about it's a society problem or they are misunderstood or under pressure or have too much money or too much time.

It's just selfish lima lima lima duck arrogant, ignorant, entitled immature behavior which is shitting in the Club's, Craig's, their committed teammates and Member's /supporter's faces.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The bringing the game into disrepute is the factor that gets them in trouble with the league - fines and suspensions.

All three won’t be lining up I would imagine for round one and cop $20k fines

Further pain is compounded by the fact Harry will be suspended round 1 as well.

Opening night 9 will be Smoothy
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:27 pm
It's not charges that the players need to worry about....it's the reputational damage to Melbourne Storm that is the biggest kick in the guts.
The current captain of the club agrees
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

How come other years, trail games are included in part of suspensions or I am remembering wrong. I thought Graham severed some of his 10 weeks for biting Billy's ear by not playing trail games.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He did. Also served internationals. Ridiculous.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone else kind of surprised the club haven't followed Warriors and hosted a Reece Walsh-type press conference?

I know they are different scenarios, Walsh was arrested and is young so best to get on the front foot - beat the media to speculation and put it to bed for the time being.

However, Munny and Smith are SUCH high profile that while their fan base on social media probably condone or are unphased by the behaviour there are still a significant number of fans who demand some accountability (storm fans), and some that are fueling more speculation and conspiracy theories (anti-storm fans). Get on the front foot while you still can and end it. IT will be a slow off-season so I dont imagine this story will die down until another drug scandal.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The sad part about it is that is seems like NRL scandals are like buses, miss one and there will be another one coming sooner than you think.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'm probably the only one who doesn't really care that the players did. I mean they didn't kill anyone, bash anyone or get behind the wheel when they were drunk or on drugs. As long as they know they have made a big mistake and will never do it again. I'd be happy to put it down to a life experience and move on. I know the NSW media would love to hang them out to dry as too would the lefties in society. Maybe the NRL could force them to visit schools in Melbourne and talk to the pupals about the dangers of taking illicit drugs. Also, make them donate 60K each to a charity of their choice.
Barken1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I.M.O.

iF FOUND GUILTY THEIR CONTRACTS SHOULD BE TORN UP.

(Please refer to my post BITTERLEY DISAPPIONTED)
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Barken1 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:14 pm I.M.O.

iF FOUND GUILTY THEIR CONTRACTS SHOULD BE TORN UP.

(Please refer to my post BITTERLEY DISAPPIONTED)
Ok next time you receive a speeding fine your car should be crushed and license taken off you for life. What's good for the goose is good for the gander
Utha
Squall
Squall

Disappointed in Brandon and Lewi.

Munster has priors, and I would happily drive him to his next club.