End of season ratings

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Looking at what players did when fit against their role ie Dale and Jesse also considered leadership

Paps - 9
Was dynamite pre injury and found form at back end.
Jennings - 7
Curates egg. Drops in prelim critical at both ends of the field. Might struggle to hold place next year
Remis - 8
Very good year. Needs to work on defence and add a little bit of size without too much speed impact
Olam - 8
Another great year. Needs to learn to get timings right after a rest and stick to power game
Fox - 8
Brilliant at times if not as dynamic as 2020. Big loss for next year
Munster - 7.5
Very up and down. Needs more consistency and composure In his position. We need 8/10 week in week out from Munny.
Hughes - 9
Now the dominant half for me. Brilliant year. Maybe a bit more variety needed in kicking game.
Jesse Brom - 5
The disappointment of the season for me. Needs a big 2022 or I fear decline has set in. Had one good run when we started to play better in 2nd half of prelim then disappeared. Other props doing more and doing it better.
Cheese - 9.5
Player of the year. Attacking weapon with tries and a mean defender. Love everything about him.
Welch - 9
Very strong year and our best front rower. Needs to assess head knock situation in off season. I worry about long term future given his record in HIAs.
Kaufusi - 7.5
Very solid but needs to provide more in attack on right edge
Kenny Bromwich - 8
Like Fox, a strong year but not quite 2020 vintage.
Dale - 9
Great leader and glue of the team. Massively missed when absent. Irreplaceable for 2022.

Grant - 8.5
Closest thing to a Cam and had a great year. Did take wrong options in the Prelim a few times. Will get better in 2022.

NAS - 8.5
Beast year. Cut out silly errors and just blazed down the middle. We need to work out how to use him best. I think he should start for 20-25 rest and play last 20

Kamikamica - 8
Big strides and made himself a regular in the 17. One of the few to have a strong prelim.

Hynes - 8.5
Admirable in filling in for Paps. Not a long term beach option. Good luck at new club.

Eisenhuth - 7.5
I think thus guy could grow into Finucanes shoes. Should get more minutes in 2022

Other squad members

Lewis - 7.5
Ieremia 6.5
Lumelume - 7
Pene - 7.5
Loreiro - 7
Smoothy - 6.5
Seve - 6.5
Moerera - 6.5
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Johns 7
til0011
Squall
Squall

Tepai moeroa super under utilised he seems like a good bench prop if NAS moves to lock. Just seems to fit in and ear meters. I like him
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sure how fit he was. Be very interested to see him after a Bellamy preseason
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kaufusi at 7.5 feels very generous to me. I get he is an Origin forward but still feel performance for the club was very pedestrian this year.
til0011
Squall
Squall

nacho wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:34 pm Kaufusi at 7.5 feels very generous to me. I get he is an Origin forward but still feel performance for the club was very pedestrian this year.
He wasn’t bad just quiet every game, had a few good ones but most were average
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

til0011 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:47 pm
nacho wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:34 pm Kaufusi at 7.5 feels very generous to me. I get he is an Origin forward but still feel performance for the club was very pedestrian this year.
He wasn’t bad just quiet every game, had a few good ones but most were average

I skimmed through his previous season stats. I think I expect repeats of 2017 each season. Comparatively he is performing better than Kenny on many metrics. Never mind my comment lol. Perhaps the actual involvement in games is different e.g. Kenny on the left with JAC and Olam Vs Fus with a makeshift Centre and Wing based on injuries