Some perspective

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Look I’m as a disappointed with the performance as everyone else. Multiple players turned in an off game, we lost two key middles early and did bot have the run of the green with the ref.

But

We were awesome for a whole lot of this year, another season on the road away form home fans, comforts and huge advantage versus visiting teams.
We won the Minor Premiership.
We beat everyone in the league (except Parra)
We showed there is life after Cam the GOAT
We’ve been to the last 6 prelims, winning 4 then 2/4 grand finals.
We’ve kept the best coach in the game for the foreseeable future
Most clubs and fans envy what we have.
2022 looks exciting.
We have one of the best spines in the game..

It wasn’t to be this year but I’m proud to call this club the one I support and will support them ever more.

Thanks for 2021

Let’s lick wounds and go again in 2022…
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

SunshineCoastStormer wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:39 pm Look I’m as a disappointed with the performance as everyone else. Multiple players turned in an off game, we lost two key middles early and did bot have the run of the green with the ref.

But

We were awesome for a whole lot of this year, another season on the road away form home fans, comforts and huge advantage versus visiting teams.
2022 looks exciting.

It wasn’t to be this year but I’m proud to call this club the one I support and will support them ever more.

Thanks for 2021

Thank you!
It's sad we lost, but we can't win the premiership each and every year. Considering most had us written off with the retirement of cam, we had a great year.
We as fans should be proud of our club, hopefully the adversity fuels us next year
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I appreciate the positive outlook, but this is the year we absolutely threw away the most attainable Premiership.

The club and fans should absolutely be bitterly disappointed after that game IMO.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Last 7 prelims*
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree - we threw away the all-time consecutive win record against the Eels with a disappointing, unenthusiastic performance, and now our best shot at back-to-back premierships.

It was a great year overall, but it could've been so much more, which certainly leaves a sour taste.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Too successful of a club to moral victory the night of a prelim loss. No offence.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:34 pm Last 7 prelims*
Happy to be corrected. I only emigrated and came on board In 2016.

It’s ok to be disappointed. But it doesn’t make us any smaller as people to acknowledge the achievement of where we have got to this year. It may take a while to sink in and look at it in the round.

It’s a salary cap constrained sport with a very competitive top 4-5. We won’t win it every year.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

yourhero wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:29 pm I appreciate the positive outlook, but this is the year we absolutely threw away the most attainable Premiership.

The club and fans should absolutely be bitterly disappointed after that game IMO.
This wasn’t the most. 2017 was when we had the big 3, barely missed a beat all year and played banged up Cows in The final.

No Premiership is easily attainable. This wil hurt and the team can show greatness by bouncing back and winning it in 22
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

SunshineCoastStormer wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:39 pm Look I’m as a disappointed with the performance as everyone else. Multiple players turned in an off game, we lost two key middles early and did bot have the run of the green with the ref.

But

2022 looks exciting.

Thanks for 2021

Well said.
Yes it hurts, but the boys will be back.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Premiers
Squall
Squall

Minor Premiership doesn’t mean anything if you can win the big one
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Premiers wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:02 am Minor Premiership doesn’t mean anything if you can win the big one
You don't mean anything, yet here you are ::)
Utha
Squall
Squall

Can't help but feel two years of mostly being away from Melbourne/Victoria took a toll in the end.

Huge effort to win a premiership and get to another prelim. in those circumstances. (Not that that will be acknowledged by the drongos in the Sydney media, but whatevs.)

However I also can't help but feel that the 19 wins in a row was more a reflection of how poor most of the rest of the competition is. Too many mediocre to poor teams, and the regular season is far too long at 25 rounds. But with Nein and Fox (or should that be Pox?) calling the tune, don't expect the season to be reduced in length any time soon.

The World Cup is supposed to start on October 15 next year, but the Grand Final will probably be scheduled for October 2 anyway. :roll: V'landys and the N(SW)RL don't give two hoots about international footy.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think a lot of us are just selfish look at the demons 57 years it took them to finally win another premiership and we have won 2 out of the last 4 years we should be happy about of team not pissed off or embarrassed
Premiers
Squall
Squall

Totally agree Sally. We have been spoiled with success of 3 Premierships in the past 10 years. Imagine being a Warriors, Canberra or Parramatta supporter where you haven’t seen success for over 25 years
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I don’t think being pissed off or embarrassed is being fair to the team.

Being disappointed is. Every year no matter the previous success they all reset and give it their all again. No way Cheese thinks I won last year all good. Bellyache certainly doesn’t either and wouldn’t have a player who was complacent in success.

We want to win every year and so does everyone else. We played poorly yesterday but you couldn’t fault the heart of any of them.