Preliminary final 2 - Saturday 25th

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:13 pm
TC wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:11 pm
Mattpoet wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:01 pm Well Penrith got what they wanted from Sutton, he didn't call a thing our way all game
Doesn't matter what Sutton did - although how that leg-twist on Hughes wasn't even a penalty...
We threw the game away with dropped balls. Jennings holds the 2 he dropped and we win, never mind ALLLLLL the others.
Jennings made some huge errors.

I don’t think he has been right since that knee.

There’s even a part of me thinking Lumelume had passed him
Nick meany to wing next year?

I was screaming for Jennings to be hooked 5 minutes in... Unfortunately George has a Barry Crocker
Bartos
Squall
Squall

nacho wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:15 pm *lima lima lima duck* Dan Andrews
Lol. Exactly!!
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I have no idea what this *Lima Lima Lima duck* thing is, but Fu%$ The murdering Dictator! lol
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:16 pm
TC wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:11 pm
Doesn't matter what Sutton did - although how that leg-twist on Hughes wasn't even a penalty...
We threw the game away with dropped balls. Jennings holds the 2 he dropped and we win, never mind ALLLLLL the others.

I was screaming for Jennings to be hooked 5 minutes in... Unfortunately George has a Barry Crocker
I reckon Meaney is in 14.

That one Jennings dropped in the first five was as bad as it gets. But there were so many errors, terrible ref calls, HIAs that killed us. Even the non HIAs for Penrith hurt. They showed on 9 Cleary stumbling twice after a big hit with no HIA. Welch’s looked fine after it - not saying Welch passed - but the impact on Cleary onfield was a lot worse.

I’m bitter as hell after that game. The thing that gets to me the most is that is the final time we will see Finucane, JAC and Nicho in a Storm jersey. And that’s how we get to say goodbye.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No matter how good a team is you’re just not going to survive the amount of errors we had and losing your two best middles for a majority of the game we did. Still blew so many chances and that’s what makes it so disappointing. Team knows how close they were and that’ll live with them for awhile.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm_M_36 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:22 pm
I have no idea what this *Lima Lima Lima duck* thing is, but Fu%$ The murdering Dictator! lol
Did I miss when Dan Andrews made all of those handling errors or didn't call all of the Panthers' infringements? Otherwise, why was he mentioned on a Storm forum?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lima Lima Lima duck is rhyming code for f###
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:29 pm
Did I miss when Dan Andrews made all of those handling errors or didn't call all of the Panthers' infringements? Otherwise, why was he mentioned on a Storm forum?
Lighten up
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

No, but it was his mismanagement of the pandemic that prevented this match from being played at a packed AAMI Park. So he is very relevant (unfortunately).
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:33 pm
Insomniac wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:29 pm

Lighten up
Nope - not interested in political crap on here, if that's what it was - if it wasn't, play on.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

2021. What a kick in the balls.
Yeah, Lima Lima Lima Duck Andrews and the NSWRL.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm_M_36 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:36 pm No, but it was his mismanagement of the pandemic that prevented this match from being played at a packed AAMI Park. So he is very relevant (unfortunately).
I reckon we've probably got a better record at Suncorp and/or in QLD, so I don't think the venue made much of a difference - we just saved one of our worst performances for a sudden death final unfortunately. But like I said earlier, better this week than next.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Kettles wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:37 pm 2021. What a kick in the balls.
Yeah, Lima Lima Lima Duck Andrews and the NSWRL.
Well said. Bring on 2022 and the Mighty Melbourne Storm!! And hopefully a new state government to go with it!! :-D
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:25 pm
Lennart Bedrager wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:16 pm

I reckon Meaney is in 14.

That one Jennings dropped in the first five was as bad as it gets. But there were so many errors, terrible ref calls, HIAs that killed us. Even the non HIAs for Penrith hurt. They showed on 9 Cleary stumbling twice after a big hit with no HIA. Welch’s looked fine after it - not saying Welch passed - but the impact on Cleary onfield was a lot worse.

I’m bitter as hell after that game. The thing that gets to me the most is that is the final time we will see Finucane, JAC and Nicho in a Storm jersey. And that’s how we get to say goodbye.
Oh definitely, Nick will take over Nicho's role, I'm just a bit down onto Georges performance.

It was a rough loss. we had our best 17, the week off, the Panthers were thrashed tired.... But somehow the boys got overawed and let the occasion get to them.

It's a disappointment to finish such a great season so poorly, buy hopefully the lads take some hard lessons from it and come back stronger for it next year.

In the mean time, glory glory! It'll bring me endless joy to see those pink pussy cats come off second best two grand finals in a row.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Insomniac wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:39 pm
Storm_M_36 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:36 pm No, but it was his mismanagement of the pandemic that prevented this match from being played at a packed AAMI Park. So he is very relevant (unfortunately).
I reckon we've probably got a better record at Suncorp and/or in QLD, so I don't think the venue made much of a difference - we just saved one of our worst performances for a sudden death final unfortunately. But like I said earlier, better this week than next.
I dunno - I’ve felt losing a prelim hurts more