Preliminary final 2 - Saturday 25th

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Some of you lot are so used to not winning that you’re blaming it on the weirdest shit haha
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Storm_M_36 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:36 pm No, but it was his mismanagement of the pandemic that prevented this match from being played at a packed AAMI Park. So he is very relevant (unfortunately).
RIGHT. NO MORE POLITICS. PERIOD.

I will not have this descend into political arguments. Anyone - and I mean ANYONE who continues with the Dan Andrews theme can have a holiday.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fair enough on the politics - I don’t want that either.

But that warrants a temp ban over Premiers and his contributions to the forum??? Seriously?
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Welfare check on Sallymay, are you ok?
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:43 pm Some of you lot are so used to not winning that you’re blaming it on the weirdest shit haha
Pretty much, there's fans of a dozen other teams that would kill to have been in a prelim right up till the 80th
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yourhero wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:51 pm Fair enough on the politics - I don’t want that either.

But that warrants a temp ban over Premiers and his contributions to the forum??? Seriously?
Agreed, perpetual trolling is ok, but politics are a no no?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Poor skill execution, some difficult injuries and ultimately a lack of desire…. So glad we won in 2020. Bigger and better in 2022. Excited for next year. Go Storm.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just couldn’t hold the ball to get in any kind of rhythm or build pressure. The antithesis of what our game is based on.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Let’s face it - losing two starting forwards in the opening 15 minutes was an absolute disaster.

It also meant the bench was effectively a fullback and a prop which is just… Not great?

Also, Munster was absolutely horrendous. Some of his kicking in general play was woeful.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go back to having no idea how to finish off your best set of the entire game after working them 3-4 straight runs up the middle. We had a few good kicks force restarts but geez did it feel like we had no idea on too many 5th tackles.
Bartos
Squall
Squall

yourhero wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:51 pm Fair enough on the politics - I don’t want that either.

Yeah agreed on this. So constant trolling is ok but politics not
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Meanwhile, I'm still buggered if I know how Nelson's superman try was disallowed.
The Melbourne player had no chance to clear the line because he was tackled without the ball due to a piss poor defensive read. Even if that didn't happen Nelson at full flight dives over to score..... Well done klown
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

riders of the storm wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:14 pm Let’s face it - losing two starting forwards in the opening 15 minutes was an absolute disaster.

It also meant the bench was effectively a fullback and a prop which is just… Not great?

Also, Munster was absolutely horrendous. Some of his kicking in general play was woeful.

Munster probably needs a good sorting out in the off-season. Dude had as many articles about him and his future than he did good games.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:29 pm
riders of the storm wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:14 pm Let’s face it - losing two starting forwards in the opening 15 minutes was an absolute disaster.

Munster probably needs a good sorting out in the off-season. Dude had as many articles about him and his future than he did good games.
Agreed. Been a bad month for Munny - overall not a great season either. Good but not great.

Spotlight is on him next season.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

FYI I wasn't blaming the loss on the Dictator. I was simply stating he's the reason why it wasn't played at AAMI, like it normally would have been. Anyway, bring on 2022. I hope Coates has a stellar year as does that bloke who played for the warriors/Broncos who we have picked up! Good article written about him today in the Herald Sun, how he has turned his life around since playing for the Broncos!! See you all next year!!