Preliminary final 2 - Saturday 25th

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:47 pm
Storm_M_36 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:36 pm No, but it was his mismanagement of the pandemic that prevented this match from being played at a packed AAMI Park. So he is very relevant (unfortunately).
RIGHT. NO MORE POLITICS. PERIOD.

I will not have this descend into political arguments. Anyone - and I mean ANYONE who continues with the Dan Andrews theme can have a holiday.
This is the most bizzare post I've ever read on here and we have been through some weird trolls. Drunk with power it seems.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

We were off tonight. And it hurts. 80% Level performance would have won that.

No luck with the ref and just too many players who had off days…
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

Hurts because we were in such a good position to go back to back and it will be hard to be in that position again. Up against a more bruised and battered Penrith team with niggling injuries and if we had won we were then up against a south’s team we have such a good record against missing one of their best players. We were in such a good position to go back to back, it hurts.

Penrith played well but Welch and smith going off early really made things a lot harder for us. I feel like Penrith have got really lucky against eels and now us. I honestly don’t think they deserve to be in the grand final this year, they have a had a lot of things go their way to get there.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Disappointing way to end the season. Too many errors unfortunately and still nearly pinched it in the end.

Sad to farewell Dale, Foxx and Nicho like that.

But if you had said at start of year after losing Cameron Smith that we would make the preliminary final, we probably would have taken it.

Loss of Welch and Brandon early hurt our interchanges too.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:27 pm Disappointing way to end the season. Too many errors unfortunately and still nearly pinched it in the end.

Sad to farewell Dale, Foxx and Nicho like that.

But if you had said at start of year after losing Cameron Smith that we would make the preliminary final, we probably would have taken it.

Loss of Welch and Brandon early hurt our interchanges too.
Devastating really . A huge missed opportunity .

You need luck to win through to grand finals . Today we did not have that , primarily with the 2 HIAs, and there it is.

The last 7 or 8 weeks we have not been at our best, and Craig gave an insight after the game - the adventure of being away together last year had become much much tougher in the latter part of this year. No doubt it had a huge impact.

Even so, it has been a pretty decent effort by a team missing the GOAT.

Next season, Xavier for Foxx, Nick Meaney for Nicho , Brandon starts at 13 and someone comes onto the bench , and away we go again.

But for the moment, thanks to Craig and Frank P and all the players and staff for another fun ride this season.. and thanks to the posters on this site who all ( well.. almost all ! ) helped me share my love and respect for the mighty Storm.

Till next year, best wishes to you all.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Eisenhuth, Lewis and Josh King will be battling for that bench spot
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mattpoet wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:03 am Eisenhuth, Lewis and Josh King will be battling for that bench spot
I think Tepai might win
napoli
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

losing brandon and christian shows they are the heart of the pack as both were clearly ripping into everything...brandon is a massive loss,he popped his shoulder nothing to do with hia at all and talking to him afetr the game wanted to play on needles but was told no...welch went after panthers ,shame no one else in the pack has any mongrel...need a forward leader...ps george couldnt catch a cold naked at the south pole..
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Clear crusher tackle for Harry.

I do however hate that Edwards backs in and sits down. Surely there has to be some onus on the player for putting themselves in that position one day.

Good way to discourage players from milking is to not reward their choice to back in. If you are out in a dangerous position by the defence so be it, but if you did it yourself get up and play the ball or it’s a penalty against you.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Cameron Smith raised the point there that we played too hot headed which I would accept. The question is who should have stepped in to refocus the team. Should it have been the co-captains? If so I would say that's an ongoing issue seeing we have one leaving and the other not known for his communication skills. My question is then, who has the respect of the team who can influence and refocus the team when things are not going our way. The options are very few.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I feel Christian Welch is one that calms the team, but obviously at the time he was out for the game
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Kenny has that influence too
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

F*** Penrith
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:31 pm F*** Penrith
Yep ..... Pretty well sums it up.

Gross.

Had to turn off at full time, Gus is going to be insufferable
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Did the ref win that GF for Penrith....Shocking head contact no call with under 4 minutes to go or did Reynolds lose it with his crappy kicking skills?