Preliminary final 2 - Saturday 25th

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:44 pm Only a few hours until kick off to find out who we play. May Parra and Penrith belt the snot out of each other deep into extra time.
Plus some heavy suspensions and a multitude of short term soft tissue injuries that hinder the winning team's preparation this week.

I am not normally a spiteful or nasty person.....but hey....Melbourne Storm winning the Premiership again in 2021 after 2 NRL seasons from hell here in Melbourne..... is personal.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Boy oh Boy did the ref help out the Penrith Pansies during the first 10 mins or so, then Parradoesn'tmatter fought back strongly. I hope it stays close for the next 40 mins and Cleary starts an all in brawl and cops weeks on the sideline for the mother of all cheap shots. Our players must be at their hotel with their legs up, rubbing their hands together at this point in time!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

A superb game of Rugby League spoilt by players from both sides staying down to milk penalties .

Gutherson brilliant
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Definitely a bruising, exhausting encounter between Parra and Penrith. Really should have gone to extra time if Klein wasn't so garbage.
Cleary looked to be holding his shoulder at various points and kikau was noticeably absent after having his knee strapped up earlier in the game.
Looking forward to next week, I'm pretty confident Melbourne will get it done after watching Penrith struggle with the pressure.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Penrith will feel some bumps after that. Tough game.

Penrith will be tough but we have the weapons and form to get over them
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

RobbieRoss wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:49 pm A superb game of Rugby League spoilt by players from both sides staying down to milk penalties .

Gutherson brilliant
Yeah, there's something to be said for a low scoring arm wrestle... If only vlandy would get the memo
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The call at the end for Kennys ankle to stop play was horrible.

Apparently they had already used their 8 changes as well. Will there be some big questions?
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:52 pm They call at the end for Kennys ankle to stop play was horrible.

Apparently they had already used their 8 changes as well. Will there be some big questions?
There should be, but I doubt there will be. Same way korisau knew he dropped the ball but challenged anyway just to get the Pennies a breather.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Momorovski stripping Gutherson towards the death was a poor non-decision. A riveting game though.

I think I know which jersey I’d rather take to the field in come next week.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:52 pm The call at the end for Kennys ankle to stop play was horrible.

According to NRL website play-by-play, Penrith had 8 free interchanges ! Cynical abuse of the system .
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Apparently they had an interchange but were just given the wrong card

Great game though
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Kettles wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:55 pm Momorovski stripping Gutherson towards the death was a poor non-decision. A riveting game though.

I think I know which jersey I’d rather take to the field in come next week.
Yeah, I still don't know how this wasn't a penalty for a two on one strip / rake
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I just had a look on the NRL play by play and counted 15 interchanges for the Panthers

From memory - Sorensen had a HIA, Niukore had two high shots on report - that’s 6 free changes added to the 8.

Have I missed anything else??? (Bored on a Saturday night)
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:47 pm I just had a look on the NRL play by play and counted 15 interchanges for the Panthers

From memory - Sorensen had a HIA, Niukore had two high shots on report - that’s 6 free changes added to the 8.

Have I missed anything else??? (Bored on a Saturday night)
I missed Moses Leota high shot on report from RCG!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Parra win last night with a first grade quality number 9. Think they would've been a harder matchup for us.

A few weeks ago I thought Penrith were timing their run perfectly but they've been really disappointing the last couple of weeks and they're right there to be put to the sword. Their two halves have really struggled with what to do in attacking position and you'd think two really tough games has taken a lot out of them.