Preliminary final 2 - Saturday 25th

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Premiers wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:23 pm I can’t believe the Panthers are paying $3.65, having lost only 3 games all season. I’ve loaded up at that price
I don’t think that is the best use of your pocket money.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

six rings wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:18 pm The team that has the best completion percentage will win
I think the team with the best go-forward & defensive pressure will win - against good kicking teams where we're constantly being forced to come out of our own 10 metre zone with our smaller guys, and not much help from our forwards in the first few tackles of each set, we have really struggled.

But our intensity in defence is the key against good attacking teams like Penrith - there's a huge difference in how good our defence is depending on whether we're moving up quickly or just hanging back and watching their playmakers create something with a lot of space.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1-17 , Eisenhuth 18th man
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Insomniac wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:36 pm
six rings wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:18 pm The team that has the best completion percentage will win
I think the team with the best go-forward & defensive pressure will win - against good kicking teams where we're constantly being forced to come out of our own 10 metre zone with our smaller guys, and not much help from our forwards in the first few tackles of each set, we have really struggled.

But our intensity in defence is the key against good attacking teams like Penrith - there's a huge difference in how good our defence is depending on whether we're moving up quickly or just hanging back and watching their playmakers create something with a lot of space.
I agree with all of this. This is an absolute key in suffocating teams with what they call "coffin kicking".

The real key is going to be the start and not getting caught up in the whole "the Panthers are busted and tired" rhetoric. Start well. Hammer them up front then after 20-30 utilise the bench effectively.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lets not forget that Penrith blatantly cheated to get to this match. I hope we smash them because they should have been booted out of the finals in disgrace. But because they are fron NSW they were given a kiss and cuddle from the NSWL!!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well, they cheated against another NSW team, so... let's just hope that with all of the media hype over the last week that the ref is at least switched on to their antics if they're bold enough to repeat them against us.

I have a feeling we're not going to get anywhere near a fair run with the 50-50 calls with all of the Storm-Sutton-bias nonsense in the media - he's going to want to make it very clear that the Storm bias stuff couldn't be further from the truth.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Awesome start. :rolleye:
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's becoming quite apparent that Welch and Smith are very susceptible to injuries. I'm not entirely convinced we should throw everything at Smith to sign him long term
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We need a serious effort over the off-season to work on taking markers out of play. Obviously it is allowed in today’s game.
til0011
Squall
Squall

My god our wingers are trash
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Far out what a first half. I think some incredibly frustrating calls were never made or went against us but that's footy. The boys are absolutely buggered but need to dig deep. Nicho's inclusion will be absolutely crucial given the interchange situation we are in.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This game is nightmare fuel. Everything that could go wrong, is going wrong. Injuries, ref calls, bounce of the ball - All f*cking us.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Terrible performance. It's not like Penrith have been great, which has kept us in it, but we have been appalling in attack. Brandon and Christian are MASSIVE losses.
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Feeling like 11, 15 and 19 all rolled in to 1
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Did anyone else think Jahrome was double tackled / pulled down on the line and should've been a penalty?
What happened with the bomb, did we let it bounce or did it get away from us? (Bomb that led to the six again and ultimately try)
How do we bring Nicho on when we probably need another bigger guy. Can I hope Munster has a high shot put on him? Munster needs to run AT the line occasionally too.
Players looking a bit like they haven't played together and just settle in to the grind. Of course Jennings catches the ball and things are looking slightly different