Penrith lose- now we play them in Plemin

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What's annoying is that the mods haven't nuked it by now.
Pretty sure ole mate's well starved of oxygen though lol
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We are 6.5 points favourite.

Anyone know the injury updates for Penrith?

Nathan Cleary, the reaction from the Gutherson tackle was a lot like the Munster tackle in the state of origin. Imo we run straight at Cleary next week esp NAS.

Kikau had ice on his ankle and a huge cut on his knee.

Kennys ankle looked done.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cleary will play, they will have to cut his arm off for him for him not to be out there. Think Cronk grand final. They guy will the ankle problem will probably play. I am sure the injury hurt, but he Eels player only stood on it. He had to come off because the trainer stopped play and that is the rule now. Stop the play, you either sit out the current set of six or interchange the player. The Panthers were not going to have one less player for the rest of the set with the game in the balance. One of the Panthers players, a second rower, had to have his knee strapped during the second half to continue playing, hopefully his injury means he can't play. But the will probably inject him so he can play.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Can't afford to go chasing Cleary around the field to try and run at him. It takes the team to far away from their normal game and structures, which was part of what brought Melbourne undone in the 2018 GF (that, and one armed willy knowing our game plan inside out)

South's showed a pretty effective model on dealing with the Panthers, run alot of traffic at guys like luai and to'o to get their tackle counts way up and blunt their effectiveness. Couple that with Welch applying huge amounts of pressure on Cleary every time he goes to kick (if he can get passed their illegal blockers that is, lol) and bombing to Edwards repeatedly and the storm should be able to fairly comfortably contain an already battered and bruised Panthers.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:18 am Cleary will play, they will have to cut his arm off for him for him not to be out there. Think Cronk grand final. They guy will the ankle problem will probably play. I am sure the injury hurt, but he Eels player only stood on it. He had to come off because the trainer stopped play and that is the rule now. Stop the play, you either sit out the current set of six or interchange the player. The Panthers were not going to have one less player for the rest of the set with the game in the balance. One of the Panthers players, a second rower, had to have his knee strapped during the second half to continue playing, hopefully his injury means he can't play. But the will probably inject him so he can play.
you're talking about Kenny & Kikau ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Thanks. I have no idea about other team players. I jus know I want the Panthers to lose, so the media stop telling me how they are the best team in the competition. Two years no flag would be so good.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:46 am Can't afford to go chasing Cleary around the field to try and run at him. It takes the team to far away from their normal game and structures, which was part of what brought Melbourne undone in the 2018 GF (that, and one armed willy knowing our game plan inside out)

South's showed a pretty effective model on dealing with the Panthers, run alot of traffic at guys like luai and to'o to get their tackle counts way up and blunt their effectiveness. Couple that with Welch applying huge amounts of pressure on Cleary every time he goes to kick (if he can get passed their illegal blockers that is, lol) and bombing to Edwards repeatedly and the storm should be able to fairly comfortably contain an already battered and bruised Panthers.
Im not talking about running around the field. I'm talking about when we are on our try line going forward to score a try; we should run a play straight at Cleary.

One thing we never did in the grand final v Roosters was run at Cronk. Maybe it is because he was a former Storm player or maybe because we didn't really have the ball for the first twenty minutes, but we never exploited the Cronk injured shoulder situation in that grand final. We need to make a real effort to expose Cleary. That will be Munsters role. Munster will be one on one with Cleary a number of times in the game and how that particular match up works may determine the game. So if we soften up Cleary early, it will help Munster create his magic later when Cleary may stand off him a little bit. As far as I'm concerned. we are a better team when Munster runs and challenges the Opposition line. with Cleary as a question mark on his shoulder, Munster should run as much as he can in this match.

Kikau looked relatively injured but this is where the Pangai Jnr deal really helps Penrith as he is a perfect replacement in that role.

Kenny is only a bit part player so his injury doesn't really effect them.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hardest part of tackling Cleary is getting in under his chin...
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

All I am saying is aim up on that chin in as many one on one tackles as possible.
Premiers
Squall
Squall

Scary that Cleary hasn’t played in either game this year.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Premiers wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:42 pm Scary that Cleary hasn’t played in either game this year.
Scary that you don't remember the last time Cleary played against us, he was beaten or don't you remember last years Grand Final?