Penrith lose- now we play them in Plemin

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

One thing for sure, I'd rather be us than them this week
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I posted after the Parra game that the pre finals training load may have been catching up with us a bit.

Given how fresh we looked vs manly vs how tapped out the pennies were looking towards the end of last night's south's game, I feel like Craig's got it right yet again. The resting of players, the training load, the odd selections.... Craig really is one of the best coaches in modern sport, not just rugby league
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:34 pm I posted after the Parra game that the pre finals training load may have been catching up with us a bit.

Given how fresh we looked vs manly vs how tapped out the pennies were looking towards the end of last night's south's game, I feel like Craig's got it right yet again. The resting of players, the training load, the odd selections.... Craig really is one of the best coaches in modern sport, not just rugby league
Absolutely.

If we have to beat Penrith on the road to winning the premiership , I would much rather meet them in two weeks - with us coming off a 14 day break and with them having to play in Mackay next week then having only 6 days to back up - than on the level playing field of a grand final. Also very happy to meet a Latrell-less Souths at the big dance .
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The panthers have to win next week to play in the Plemin. It is possible that the get beaten and we don't play them. So then it would be a great result that Penrith lost. Storm will know who they have to play after next weekend, so lets worry about it then.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Parrammatta Eels have beaten us twice this year. Be careful what you wish for. I notice the McKay ground cut up badly today so lets hope it is a hard close game next week which takes both teams legs out of them.

Parra have a big tough toward pack so go out ans hit hard boys!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently we'll play on the Saturday
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I didn't wish for anything, both teams will be hard to beat. I was stating the obvious, that we might not Penrith.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:04 pm Apparently we'll play on the Saturday
Yes I see that now,. Would definitely have preferred the Friday night but, to be fair , last year Penrith as minor premiers played their prelim on the Saturday and we played on the Friday. The AFL do it the other way around.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

six rings wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:07 pm Parrammatta Eels have beaten us twice this year. Be careful what you wish for. I notice the McKay ground cut up badly today so lets hope it is a hard close game next week which takes both teams legs out of them.

Parra have a big tough toward pack so go out ans hit hard boys!
They played at Rockhampton today.

Mackay ground with 2 games on it will be interesting…
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:36 am It’s bad for league as a whole that the two best sides of the last two years won’t meet in a GF again.
And who's responsible for that? Penrith for going into the game against Souths thinking they were a lay down misère? Or the Bunnies for playing out of their skins?

Punish 'em both I say. Force Cleary to play for the Tigpies, and send Reynolds to Brisbane (oops, too late).
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:38 pm Force Cleary to play for the Tigpies.
YES, this is why I now severely dislike the Panthers.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Well, it's now officially a storm v Panthers plemin
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What a disastrous result last night
Besides getiing yourself off with cheap trolling, why are you here?
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Itzbek the Purple wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:14 am
No other reason :lol: such a pitiful existence
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:17 am
Itzbek the Purple wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:14 am
No other reason :lol: such a pitiful existence
Breathe, breathe, take a breath and don't give him/her any oxygen. (I know, I get frustrated with those posts too)