Penrith lose- now we play them in Plemin

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Premiers
Squall
Squall

Disastrous result for Storm
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You'll grasp at any anti Melbourne straw you can won't you you sad little person
Premiers
Squall
Squall

Not grasping. Tonite is the worst possible result for Melbourne. Even Blazza will admit that
Bartos
Squall
Squall

I think this is a wonderful result. Penrith will have to play hopefully Parra. They will bash each other and gives a chance for injuries.
I think Penrith would've turned up for redemption if we played them in the GF
Marvelous result
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Despite the fact that we could just as easily play the knights or eels in the prelim? Despite the fact that the rabbits showed Penrith are very much beatable? Despite the fact that we get the benefit of a week off whilst if Penrith do make the prelim, they are going to be a little battered and bruised?
Yeah, you're grabbing at straws.
If Melbourne are to be premier's again, we have to beat all comers.
Season ain't over till it's over and your hyperbole is .....
Boring
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bartos wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:52 pm I think this is a wonderful result. Penrith will have to play hopefully Parra. They will bash each other and gives a chance for injuries.
I think Penrith would've turned up for redemption if we played them in the GF
Marvelous result
Agreed wholeheartedly! So glad we won't have to suffer through the whole GF rematch redemption crap. And Melbourne can make the grand final, we know that they can beat anyone from that side of the draw.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don’t give him air time. He’s obviously mentally challenged or just has a pathetic life. Can’t even spell “tonight” correctly.

Melbourne will towel up whoever we play in the prelim. Panthers have to get there first which is no guarantee.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Like the billy goats gruff, let's all just trip trap over the bridge and anything else that fits that narrative can be posted below and ignored where it belongs...
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I admit it guys. Penrith in the plemin is the worst possible scenario for us.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:57 am I admit it guys. Penrith in the plemin is the worst possible scenario for us.
:lol: :lol:

Well, there you have it, guess we all should just log of for the season. No plemin win for us. Thanks blazza :lol:
The prelim however, can't wait!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Premiers wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:47 pm Not grasping. Tonite is the worst possible result for Melbourne. Even Blazza will admit that
Tonite = Tonight, just in case anyone was wondering...
(Or it was when I went to school)
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It’s bad for league as a whole that the two best sides of the last two years won’t meet in a GF again.

Penrith was always going to be our biggest hurdle to back to back, but now we just have to jump them a week earlier than expected.

I’m confident our best footy can best theirs.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We can only beat who is on the park on the day. Also, our team have been away from their home state for how many months, compared to NSW clubs? If we do end up winning the GF, then we are very deserving of having the back to back crown!
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm_M_36 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:54 am We can only beat who is on the park on the day. Also, our team have been away from their home state for how many months, compared to NSW clubs? If we do end up winning the GF, then we are very deserving of having the back to back crown!
Good point here. I'm sure about 72 hours ago a lot of us on here were thinking, "Man, Penrith got the easier game here" but clearly we were wrong given how intense Souths were last night. The team won't be thinking about who they'd prefer to play etc.

Also, it's a huge ask for Penrith to back up and potentially play Parramatta or Newcastle next week. Both of them have big packs and it's going to be very, very humid. After last night they'll be smarting a bit too - both physically and psychologically.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone thinking Penrith are the team to beat - or that the Storm would be worried about facing them, knows sweet FA about Rugby League.

If anything, the Panthers will be worried about this game after what they dished up against Souths and after watching us destroy the “red hot form team”.