Qualifying Final - Storm vs Sea Eagles

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It’s confirmed. We face the old enemy in the first week of finals. Tommy T in white hot form and needs to be stopped again.
Premiers
Squall
Squall

No way we can beat Manly in the form they are in
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Premiers wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:07 pm No way we can beat Manly in the form they are in
We will beat them yet again, and asshurt Manly fans / bitchy Storm haters will continue their crying.

I look forward to your tears next week, beta boi :lol:
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Fun fact. Manly are currently on their longest winning streak of the season..... 4 games! They're overdue a loss at this point . They also haven't beaten another current top 4 side all season.
It won't be a cake walk, but Melbourne are good at targeting and negating impact players. They did it to Tommy t last time they played. They did it to the wunderkind cleary in last year's grand final.
I'm quietly confident that Melbs will win
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The guys should be in better stead up front this time compared to the last time they played Manly.

Kamikamica, Asofa-Solomona and Kaufusi were all missing in the last match up.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought they did a good job frustrating us defensively when we last played. We completely dominated territory and possession until Hynes threw that interception.

We should have our strongest forward pack available. Our edges are going to have a nightmare of a night.
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

Last time we played we had no NAS, TUI & KAUFUSI along with paps off the bench on his 3rd game back still very hesitant & struggling a bit.

With Paps in a much better place now with more games and off the back of a very dominant display with much more confidence now along with NAS, TUI & KAUFUSI back in this time along with quite a few of our players coming in more rested and fresh I’m confident we edge manly again.

I think the only way we lose is if we don’t 100% turn up and we don’t complete over 80% of our sets.

If we turn up & all players put in 100% effort and we compete over 80% completion rate we win.

Finals is here fellas, back to back will be hard but if we can pull it off with playing away from our home state most of the last two years it will be incredible.

Probably the most dominant two years by any club in a very long time when you consider the circumstances.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We will beat the Sea Wiggles for the 2nd time this season. Don't forget it is being played on the Sunshine Coast with a full house crowd!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm_M_36 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:20 pm We will beat the Sea Wiggles for the 2nd time this season. Don't forget it is being played on the Sunshine Coast with a full house crowd!
Great point re the venue and the crowd … and an extra day’s break for us .
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We can only do what we can do …I just hope we play ok…manly lima lima lima duck scares me
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The real season starts now and if we cant beat Manly, we wont beat Penrith

If we come and tackle hard and have 85-90% completion, we will win

Manly were very ordinary for large parts of the Cowboys game last night and scored their tries in pairs.

So a big factor is, if Manly do score, the next set, we have to get through our 6 tackle set and not make turnovers.

Ball possession will be a big factor like it was last time we play Manly.

I have faith that our Forwards are a lot better than their Forwards so we will get the field position.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Take the refs out of the match with a great start and we win! Can't start slow and expect to over run them during the second half. We should be treating every match from now on as a GF!!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We win if we shake off the cobwebs we've had on the past few weeks. Also pending health of Munny and JAC.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A healthy and and motivated JAC would be the bigger out. We can at least cope with Munster missing a week. Not having a reliable winger on either side will be a killer Friday night.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apt that the Storm and Sea Eagles are playing a final at Sunshine Coast Stadium. Back in the day, the Sunshine Coast Queensland Cup time were aligned with Manly. The Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles won the 2009 Queensland Cup.