Qualifying Final - Storm vs Sea Eagles

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:08 pm Speaking of Reimis Smith, how good was his defence last night, particularly on Tommy Trbojevic.
I’m so glad there wasn’t an attempt to shift Reimis to accomodate Hynes. Reimis has done an outstanding job at centre all year and I love having the bigger body there, winning the contact.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

six rings wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:27 am If you are talking about Jessie Bromwich being shipped off, I thought he played his best game of the season last night. So your comments are way off the pace.

plus Jessie also gave an extremely emotional speech before the game and Jessie has been our player of the year 3 times over his career so he has the pedigree to be the captain.

And Dale will do everything to end his career at the Storm with a bang

Munster, Paps, Brandon Harry and Jerohme are our play makers

But they are nothing without our Forward pack dominating.

We won last night because we had the best Forward pack

Thanks Jessie, thanks Dale, thanks Christian, thanks Tui, thanks NAS, thanks Felice, thanks Kenny

It’s Jesse, but let’s not split hairs. The past matters not, although I do yearn for the pack busting, try scoring beast JBrom used to be. One try per season these days. His game was nothing special (you must have a low benchmark). Dale, Christian and Nelson played better. Nothing wrong with his game, just nothing special - on par with Tui.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:06 pm Christian Welch on 2GB:
- He was asked about Brandon's injury. Christian said last night because Brandon has a naturally puffy face it was difficult to work out if he was injured or just his natural face.
Hahahahaha, he’s such a sh*t stirrer.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:16 pm
Scooter wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:06 pm Christian Welch on 2GB:
- He was asked about Brandon's injury. Christian said last night because Brandon has a naturally puffy face it was difficult to work out if he was injured or just his natural face.
Hahahahaha, he’s such a sh*t stirrer.
Yes, yes he is.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Kettles wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:15 pm
six rings wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:27 am If you are talking about Jessie Bromwich being shipped off, I thought he played his best game of the season last night. So your comments are way off the pace.

plus Jessie also gave an extremely emotional speech before the game and Jessie has been our player of the year 3 times over his career so he has the pedigree to be the captain.

And Dale will do everything to end his career at the Storm with a bang

Munster, Paps, Brandon Harry and Jerohme are our play makers

But they are nothing without our Forward pack dominating.

We won last night because we had the best Forward pack

Thanks Jessie, thanks Dale, thanks Christian, thanks Tui, thanks NAS, thanks Felice, thanks Kenny

It’s Jesse, but let’s not split hairs. The past matters not, although I do yearn for the pack busting, try scoring beast JBrom used to be. One try per season these days. His game was nothing special (you must have a low benchmark). Dale, Christian and Nelson played better. Nothing wrong with his game, just nothing special - on par with Tui.
Jessie had one tackle less than Dale (15 to 16) and was only 2 yards less in carry metres (97 to 99 from the same number of runs), so on a par with Dale is more accurate.

Jessie had more tackles than NAS and again only had 5 metres less in carry distance (97 to 102 )

Jessie has one try for the season and Christian has two tries.

But as we know, a forward pack is a team within a team

And of course lets not forget the 10 years of experience that Jessie brings to the team giving us a level head in the crisis.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

We could win the Premiership and Kettles will still be here whinging about Jesse and the captaincy. It is so bloody strange.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It’s Jesse FFS. And I have every right to question this lunacy that has seen, effectively, 2 non-communicative captains out there.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

To be fair, we don't really know how communicative they are but it does seem that way from the outside looking in.

I'd argue that we have a lot of solid leaders out there regardless.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Kettles wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:54 pm It’s Jesse FFS. And I have every right to question this lunacy that has seen, effectively, 2 non-communicative captains out there.
You do have every right.

Just as we have every right to question your lunacy of complaining about something that could very well win us the Premiership.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:58 pm To be fair, we don't really know how communicative they are but it does seem that way from the outside looking in.

I'd argue that we have a lot of solid leaders out there regardless.
Who cares if they submit their queries to the refs via braille or smoke signals. If it wins us the Premiership, I couldn't give a stuff!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There’s a time and place to complain about who is captain. After a finals win is definitely not it.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Premiers wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:39 pm Penrith loss tonite means our season is over
:lol: :lol: :lol: you're beyond ridiculous.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Jessie Bromwich will make sure we win

I am sick of our so called supporters, slagging off our players.

Jessie has sweat bullets and given blood for our club

He is a proven warrior and club hero

he was the natural choice for captain with 10 years of brilliance, former prop of the year, 3 time club champion
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dribbler
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Really blaza really

Lol, you are laughable.

This site is about Storm fans coming together to talk about the Storm not trolls like you from other Clubs.

Jessie Bromwich is a true Storm champion, a 3 time premiership champion

He has captained his country not just the Storm and was New Zealand Rugby League's Kiwis player of the year for 2016.