Qualifying Final - Storm vs Sea Eagles

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Premiers
Squall
Squall

I just can’t see us winning this game. Our wingers are going to be exposed big time
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:21 pm
six rings wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:51 pm
six rings wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:50 pm Brett Reid from The Australian saying that Munster wont play on Friday night. Take that for what you will.
What would Brett Reid know. good news, Munster seemed to train pretty well today without any problems.
Forget to swap your accounts here mate? And who is Brett Reid?
It sure looks that way doesn't it :lol:
I love the casual ignoring of it too lol
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Premiers wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:37 am I just can’t see us winning this game. Our wingers are going to be exposed big time
Mate, have you ever come here and posted something positive about the team you supposedly support? Just once? I'll wait :lol:
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was fine till I started reading all these comments now I’m getting nervous
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sallymay, I can't remember a game you weren't nervous about 🤣
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Post Deleted by Admin
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Post Deleted by Admin
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I really hope part of the preparation for this game involves watching what Newcastle did to Manly earlier this year.

Admittedly, Manly were missing a few key forwards but they still had both the Trbojevic brothers playing.

It looked like the Knights (who were also missing key personnel including Ponga) just basically bashed them up front.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Riders of the Storm the fact we have a full strength forward pack makes me feel confident if we play anywhere near our best we win.

Tui has had a couple of games back and NAS one game and the rest of forwards have had rests.

Craig will also have a defensive plan in place to try and nullify Turbo and we won't have 9 players drop off tackles in the same play like the Cowboys did last week.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:45 pm Riders of the Storm the fact we have a full strength forward pack makes me feel confident if we play anywhere near our best we win.

Tui has had a couple of games back and NAS one game and the rest of forwards have had rests.

Craig will also have a defensive plan in place to try and nullify Turbo and we won't have 9 players drop off tackles in the same play like the Cowboys did last week.
Me too. The thing I've always liked this year and last is the team's ability to hold its own in the "interchange battle". That is, whenever the opposition props come off, ours can too but that just means they have to deal with Nelson Asofa-Solomona and Tui Kamikamica along with Harry Grant popping up in the middle.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The game will be won in the forwards, the better pack of forwards will lead their backs to control the game
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

There have been a few times this year when people have completely written us off before matches, we have come out and totally destroyed the opposition. I believe that the boys will come out and set the record straight and all the doubters will have egg over their face once again. TAB have us as a $1.37 favs to win this match and $2.40 favs to win the premiership.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I have been thinking about the bench all year and now that we are on the doorstep of the most important game, I’m just not sure picking Nicho on the bench is the best option.

He has been phenomenal. And deserves a spot. But it’s such a risk carrying both Harry and Nicho on the bench.

All it takes is Dale to get a head knock in the first set - which has happened - and suddenly we are playing almost a full final, against a big Manly pack, with one forward on the bench.

Maybe it’s just nerves, but I think Lewis on the bench is the higher percentage play.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

God, pretty sure I’m just nervous…
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pene and Lewis drop out