Qualifying Final - Storm vs Sea Eagles

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:46 am A healthy and and motivated JAC would be the bigger out. We can at least cope with Munster missing a week. Not having a reliable winger on either side will be a killer Friday night.
I agree with this. Hynes slots in there nicely. It also would allow Bellamy to run a bigger bench of potentially: Grant, Kamikamica, Asofa-Solomona and Pene. Manly will probably run a smaller bench anyway – they're regularly using Walker as utility in the middle with Lawton (who's a kind of hooker/ second-row type player).
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Brett Reid from The Australian saying that Munster wont play on Friday night. Take that for what you will.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

I like the way Manly play and have huge admiration for Turbo but they have not beaten anyone else from the top 4 this year.

They’ve played wonderful stuff but are still to be victorious in tough, grinding top 4 game. Case in point when we beat them a few weeks back despite being a little bit off our best.

We will miss our wingers. But we have the beef back in the middle. We play smart and keep them away from our line we should be ok.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The problem will be; if we fall behind early and then we try and push it rather than letting weight of possession and cumulative sets create our tries.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

six rings wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:50 pm Brett Reid from The Australian saying that Munster wont play on Friday night. Take that for what you will.
What would Brett Reid know. good news, Munster seemed to train pretty well today without any problems.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm squad
1 Ryan Papenhuyzen
2 George Jennings
3 Reimis Smith
4 Justin Olam
5 Isaac Lumelume
6 Cameron Munster
7 Jahrome Hughes
8 Jesse Bromwich
9 Brandon Smith
10 Christian Welch
11 Felise Kaufusi
12 Kenny Bromwich
13 Dale Finucane
14 Harry Grant
15 Tui Kamikamica
16 Nelson Asofa-Solomona
17 Nicho Hynes
18 Aaron Pene
19 Tom Eisenhuth
20 Chris Lewis
21 Marion Seve
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

six rings wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:51 pm
six rings wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:50 pm Brett Reid from The Australian saying that Munster wont play on Friday night. Take that for what you will.
What would Brett Reid know. good news, Munster seemed to train pretty well today without any problems.
Forget to swap your accounts here mate? And who is Brett Reid?
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Scooter wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:09 pm Storm squad
1 Ryan Papenhuyzen
2 George Jennings
3 Reimis Smith
4 Justin Olam
5 Isaac Lumelume
6 Cameron Munster
7 Jahrome Hughes
8 Jesse Bromwich
9 Brandon Smith
10 Christian Welch
11 Felise Kaufusi
12 Kenny Bromwich
13 Dale Finucane
14 Harry Grant
15 Tui Kamikamica
16 Nelson Asofa-Solomona
17 Nicho Hynes
18 Aaron Pene
19 Tom Eisenhuth
20 Chris Lewis
21 Marion Seve
Solid side.

Who fills in if George doesn’t make it? Hynes or Remis I guess? Seve is not a winger. I would actually play Lewis centre and Remis wing. Let’s hope George is ready to go anyway.

Eisenhuth, Pene and Lewis are pretty unlucky…
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would say if George is not ready, Reimis goes to the wing and Seve plays centre. Seve had a good game last week.

Interesting that Dean was back up winger for 90% of season and after a couple of games Lumelume goes past him and Dean isn't even in 21 man squad.

Although, personally I would pick Lumelume ahead of Ieremia at this stage.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, I was calling for Lumelume way back when Jennings was struggling early in the season - to his credit, Jennings certainly improved and formed a fairly decent combination with Reimis, but I still think Lumelume should've been next in line as soon as one of our outside backs went down. Better late than never I suppose, although I would've preferred him to get a lot more game time prior to the finals to shake off any rust.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

For me both Lumelume and Ieremia have issues e.g. Lumelume has speed but very unconvinced about defence and Ieremia massacred at least a couple of tries by dropping the ball and an issue with the bouncing ball. They should be able to improve but at the moment their side is ripe for opposition tries.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My electronic Foxtel program guide has the Storm v Manly game on Channel Nine not 9GEM in Melbourne.
Bartos
Squall
Squall

blazza18 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:21 pm
six rings wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:51 pm
Forget to swap your accounts here mate? And who is Brett Reid?

Lol, too funny hahaha
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Saab is on that wing so probably better to have a bigger body in Lemeleme up against him than Deano. It could still get ugly
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Our wingers better practice defusing kicks. Remis Smith would actually be the best option to fly in the air with Saab.