RD 25 vs Cronulla

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:13 pm How long since we've had no Bromwich in the side?
Round 15 this year v Wests Tigers.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pleasantly surprised to see George is back, thought he might not play again this year. Fingers crossed he makes it through the game.

Lumelume unlucky not to be starting on wing, was close to our best player last week.

Good to see NAS and Dale back.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Question

Do we want to win this game or loose and finish second and take on the Bunnies in the first week. I think the Bunnies are my pick. Thourghts?
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

Honestly I don’t see Craig wanting us to lose again after last weeks performance, I think he would be wanting a good solid performance going into finals next week but technically we can still put in a good performance and lose considering we have 7 players missing.

South’s without Mitchell and on top of that us having a super record and edge over the south’s for such a long time would be a much more ideal opponent compared to a full strength manly and our biggest rival, along with des holding a winning percentage over Bellamy.

Honestly don’t mind if we lose and we get south’s instead, all I want is to see the boys put in a good solid performance ( especially Dale, Tui & NAS ) & have a high completion rate not like last weeks terrible 29 of 42 completed sets.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bushman wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:31 pm Question

Do we want to win this game or loose and finish second and take on the Bunnies in the first week. I think the Bunnies are my pick. Thourghts?
Absolutely, but Storm is a business and the brand is valuable. Minor premiers come with financial and also mental benefits which I am sure will be front of mind. Not saying Craig gives a toss about the $$ but there would be pressure from head office.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

WIN! Absolutely we want to win.
Planning to lose (or even not caring if you do) leads to a highly negative mindset. Given our last few performances, that's not somewhere we want to be.
The risks of not playing to win are just as high, there is still the same possibility of injury and suspension.

Besides, we have to assume that we will need to beat Manly at some point to win the comp - why not week 1?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

TC wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:02 am

Planning to lose (or even not caring if you do) leads to a highly negative mindset. Given our last few performances, that's not somewhere we want to be.
The risks of not playing to win are just as high, there is still the same possibility of injury and suspension.

Besides, we have to assume that we will need to beat Manly at some point to win the comp - why not week 1?
I couldn't agree more. If we lose our last two matches in the regular season, then we have lost all momentum we had going into a finals series. We all know that anything can happen in the finals and we'll need all the momentum we can get. I believe if we had won last week and wrapped up the minor premiership Craig would have rested a lot more players this week, but instead Bellyache wants us to have a strong performance so we head into the finals with a lot of confidence. We don't want the other teams to smell blood in the first week of the finals!!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:02 am

100% the right attitude. Great comment 👍👍
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

Was Cameron smith really suggesting Craig to toss up between carrying Hynes or Grant on the bench saying Bellamy needs to decide if smith plays the 80 and Hynes is utility on the bench with grant missing out or Hynes misses out and grant comes on as a second dummy half…

Of course grant is going to be on the bench what is cam smoking 🤣
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not that it matters but I wonder if for whatever reason Cam doesn't like Harry at all.

The big call that could decide how far we advance in the finals is deciding on only playing one of Paps/Hynes. Balance of the team is just off with both on it.
Harry/Brandon combo is good and works no matter what direction we go with.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Cam loves Harry

But it has become increasingly obvious that 4 into 3 doesnt go

With a full bench of Forwards, one of Paps, Brandon, Harry or Hynes needs to be left out for the finals.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:35 pmNot that it matters but I wonder if for whatever reason Cam doesn't like Harry at all.
I get that impression a bit too. Might have something to do with Harry threatening to walk if Cam plays on. Cam should never have been put in that position by the club to be honest.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:23 pm
blazza18 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:35 pmNot that it matters but I wonder if for whatever reason Cam doesn't like Harry at all.
I get that impression a bit too. Might have something to do with Harry threatening to walk if Cam plays on. Cam should never have been put in that position by the club to be honest.
My feeling last year was one of the club sitting on the fence and privately hoping that Cameron would make a clear decision (to retire) whilst publicly giving him all the time he wanted. A very difficult question given the immortal to which I refer but Is one person greater than the whole?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

George Jennings and Ryley Jacks drop out of squad.
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

“ Coach Craig Bellamy intends on sticking by fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen and believes Melbourne can go into the NRL finals without an extra big man on the bench.”

“ If we've got those guys (Grant and Hynes) on the bench we've got a pretty good side," Bellamy said on Thursday.

I guess that sums up our bench then for the finals..

Grant, NAS, Tui & Hynes.

I personally think another forward would be a lot more handy but I’m not gunna go against the master coach, I hope he proves my thoughts wrong.

Did Jennings not pass a full week of training?
Big blow