RD 24 Storm vs Parramatta

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:33 pm We have looked ordinary since Paps came back.
Yes
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Six rings, didn't really have much choice re: Nicho playing at centre. Foxx went off injured. Unless we played Tom at centre.

Disappointing performance. The forwards were average. How many times did Harry throw forward passes and a lot were early in the tackle count?

Need to start Brandon at 9 and Harry on bench.

We missed versatility and reliability of Chris Lewis tonight.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Eh, a loss now beats loosing week 1 and 2 of the finals.... Lighten up and stop being so greedy you lot.
Parra more or less played their grand final tonight, we still have a lot of improvement left in us. The training load sure as hell showed, but it's being done for a reason.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Well we got the least thing that we wanted, total destruction

Jessie's crusher tackle will get him 2 weeks
Harry Grant 2 weeks South Sydney’s Liam Knights was left facing a two-game ban for a similar grade-three charge stemming from his side’s win over the Roosters.
Brandon Smith probably gets off or 1 week
Josh Ado Carr injured hamstring - at least 2 weeks maybe 3

thats the toll of the night, which is more important than the total embarrassment of the terrible performance.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:50 pm Eh, a loss now beats loosing week 1 and 2 of the finals.... Lighten up and stop being so greedy you lot.
Parra more or less played their grand final tonight, we still have a lot of improvement left in us. The training load sure as hell showed, but it's being done for a reason.
Training load doesn't excuse terrible passing. Training load doesn't excuse terrible tackling. Training load doesnt excuse terrible attitude. training load doesnt excuse Paps now a shadow of himself. Training load doesn't excuse the fact we couldnt execute any real sustained pressure. Training load doesn't excuse players playing for themselves.

Parrammatta play Penrith next week so we will get an immediate idea how far we are behind them now.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

My observations
That was a massive fail at the selection table.
Massive players out of position, to defensively win would've been a miracle. (Offensively though it shouldn't have been a problem)
Forwards not going forward
Side to side play
Trying to play around Parra rather than going through
Smith 9, Grant 14 (from the bench) Smith is great but not a Lock)
Hynes better at 6 than Munster. And before you all shout me down, Hynes either passes without hesitation or runs. Munster tries to do it all himself and the only person on the team who knows what Munster is going to do is, well, nobody, because I'm sure Munster don't know either! Second half Munster did a goose step / stutter then passed to Kenny, defence all over him, half a second sooner and I feel the overlap would've been well exploited and we score in the corner.
I cannot fathom the six agains
Penalties for slap on the face whilst falling on the fifth tackle, please.

Winning is good, losing (for every team at some point in time) is inevitable
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A Week ago Harry and Paps were coming off great performances and we back on track to another title. First real average performance from Harry (Brandon not himself either for some reason) and Paps look hesitant again. He’s very sideways again and while I think he’s a better player than Hynes, Hynes has always done a better job straightening the attack.

We still created enough opportunities so it’s confusing to me why we struggled there.

And finally to me the defense is the bigger issue. We’re struggling to defuse any high ball inside the 20 and the edge defence just isn’t good enough (broken record). Some of the individual errors were just bizarre for such a well coached team.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

:lol: :lol:
six rings wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:55 pm
Lennart Bedrager wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:50 pm Eh, a loss now beats loosing week 1 and 2 of the finals.... Lighten up and stop being so greedy you lot.
Training load doesn't excuse terrible passing. Training load doesn't excuse terrible tackling. Training load doesnt excuse terrible attitude. training load doesnt excuse Paps now a shadow of himself. Training load doesn't excuse the fact we couldnt execute any real sustained pressure. Training load doesn't excuse players playing for themselves.

Parrammatta play Penrith next week so we will get an immediate idea how far we are behind them now.
:lol: because fatigue can't explain any of that at all.......

Sure it wasn't Melbourne's finest game, but ultimately, I think that there's a bigger picture than 20 in a row in play.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Watched Bellyache's press conference and the two main points were:
1) Bitterly disappointed for playing that badly in Felise Kaufusi's 150th match.
2) When asked about the reports. Bellyache said "their was a lot of laying about out there tonight". Parra have a history of doing this to win penalties!! And Sutton fell for them hook line and stinker!
Premiers
Squall
Squall

Is that our first loss ever at Suncorp?
napoli
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

brandons the comps best hooker play him there,he was massive tonight some very poor judges on here said non existant wow what game did you watch...our big men were bullied..our halves lacked spark..paps is a shadow of himself and grant was poor...start smith and hynes and we will find the spark..dale and nelson will add size...
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I have 100% faith in Bellyache and the coaching staff to iron out all issues before next weeks match. The guys will want to wrap up the minor premiership and turn their attention to week one of the finals. If we win in week 1 we get a week off don't we?
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

We lose next week we verse south’s without latrell.
( Assuming Penrith win )
We win next week we verse our biggest rival at full strength, manly.

Having two new players on each wing ( Assuming addo Carr is out ) that have barely played any footy this year against manly or south’s scares me.

We need massive improvements within two weeks if we are to beat south’s or manly possibly without addo Carr, J Bromwich & grant off the bench.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Underwhelming 2nd half.

More errors, disjointed with Fox off and Parra got more confidence as we missed chances.

Very lateral, lacked punch in the middle and trying un Bellamy things.

Some good effort from Welch but little else to commend. Maybe a few of the brighter moments from Lumelume.

Better to lose now then finals week 1 but work to do.

Will be better with Dale and NAS but Fox out is huge if he is missing a lot of games…
napoli
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

belly said foxs maybe not so bad.