RD 24 Storm vs Parramatta

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It stings worse because we had the all-time record in our hands and threw it away with a very concerning performance so close to the finals. I am less concerned about the reports other than the fact that we looked so lazy and undisciplined in committing the offences.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Wow. What a terrible performance. If Brandon is fully fit next week (and into finals) then Harry has played himself back into the 14. Ditto really with Hynes and Paps. Time is running out for Ryan, but Nicho copped one tonight.

I have no idea who plays next week as a result of heaps of potential injuries. But no one deserves a bloody rest.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:23 pm I'm less concerned about the result and more concerned over injury concerns and reports. This game was not the storm we know and love and the result showed. Can't be too hung up on it. I think it stings worse because it's against paramatta
Yep. To lose twice to them in a season is an absolute disgrace.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

My prediction for next week is that Parra will flop against the Panthers and Storm will come out and send a message to the comp!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A bunch of individual errors and we were so out of sync again. Credit to Parra for having an answer to all of our half chances we created that we usually turn into points. We couldn’t match them physically at all.

The performance was pretty concerning though and the MRC is going to be a lottery. Probably the worst I’ve felt about us going b2b.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We have looked ordinary since Paps came back.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lucas wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:28 pm But no one deserves a bloody rest.
Couldn't agree more. We need momentum heading into the finals and no players should be rested, unless they are injured of course. I have 100% faith in Bellyache to put a rocket up the guys during the week at training and watch out Sharks!
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

That horrid Storm performance has been coming for a long time. We have dipped on our form considerably since the middle of the season and now we are playing as badly as we have all year. We will not win the premiership on that performance. And other teams will smell blood.

Bellamy has made huge mistakes. Nicko Hynes didnt play centre all year now he is centre? Nicko Hynes and LumeLume have not played together for the whole year and now we get to the finals and they are playing together.

Ryan Papenhousen is still miles off the pace.

Our forwards are out worked and out muscled.

Cam Munster is trying to do to much.

Harry Grant doesn't know when to run, when to go left or when to go right.

Brandon Smith was non existant who should have started at hooker like always.

Justin Olam has been drinking his own bath water and thinks he needs to try and score every play.

Resting players has only seen them lose form.

I have seen this before. The 2011 Storm were like this. They fell away at the end after finishing on top.
Last edited by six rings on Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Put Hynes back at fullback FFS. That was terrible. Ever since Papi came back we have sucked
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My quick notes;

- Losing to Parra hurts like hell. Their fans are some of the worst.
- Securing the all time consecutive wins record to ourselves - meh not fussed.
- Playing like utter dogshit two weeks out from finals was most concerning…
- lima lima lima duck injuries. I hope JAC is good to go for finals. Having both first choice wingers injured is not how we want to head into September.

Brandon has to start at 9.
Harry from the bench.
Get Finucane back at 13 doing the tough stuff.
Pray to the footy gods that we get NAS back fired up, ready to rip and tear.

Paps is a shell of his former self.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yes, Papi is not the same player unfortunately and now it is too late.

He has lost pace and lost courage. He is thinking he will get hit every play.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

riders of the storm wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:10 pm Key passes just not coming off. It’s just one of those nights really. Parramatta have tried a heap of things which have come off whereas our guys just haven’t been able to execute.

Also, how on earth can Dylan Brown lay all over a player like that after a line-break and not get penalised?
Should have been sin binned for professional foul. Also we put in a kick near the line at one stage Ferguson difused it. Ferguson was penalised for never being onside. Surely that is also a professional foul and a sin bin?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Olam used to take HARD runs coming out of our own end and get our sets off to a good start. Seems like he has been phoning it in, in recent weeks. For the first time, well ever, he is taking these soft half-jog hit ups.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yes Justin Olam is reading his own press and instead of playing to his strengths, he thinks he is something better than he is and is trying to make incredible impossible plays all the time rather than just running hard.

The Sydney press will love how we look like soft weak arrogant tossers.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

riders of the storm wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:10 pm
Also, how on earth can Dylan Brown lay all over a player like that after a line-break and not get penalised?
Yes, I noticed too but totally ignored by officialdom