Finals Bound

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Phillip Island Storm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Can Cooper Johns take us through the finals if Hughes is out for an extended period? What if we put Paps at Fullback, and Hynes in at halfback?
Premiers
Squall
Squall

Troll
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

:lol:
Premiers wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:02 amTroll
:lol: :lol: :lol: hello pot, meet kettle
Phillip Island Storm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I and my wife are foundation members of the storm and some of you people who call out so called trolls are pathetic
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's a tough question. Has anyone heard anything about Hughes?
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

For the actual question at hand, sure, if the rest of the squad is fit and good to go, I think we could handle such a reshuffle and still be competitive.
Its something that our squad has above most others in the competition, we're not single player dependant, and due to our systems and structures, next man up does his job and plays his role.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We can win with anyone on the field. We have proved that alreadty. Next man up. But it will be Hynes with Paps at full back I think not Cooper.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:10 am It's a tough question. Has anyone heard anything about Hughes?
Funnily enough I sent Jahrome an Insta message yesterday asking how he was and told him he should have the week off …his response made me laugh….he said to me he woke up with a headache but passed the first HIA test at recovery he then said that he loved playing too much to have the week off but would wait to see what Bellamy wanted him to do

So to me he sounds like he is ok
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good to hear. I still think he should have a week off regardless.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

sallymay wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:06 pm
Mattpoet wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:10 am It's a tough question. Has anyone heard anything about Hughes?
Funnily enough I sent Jahrome an Insta message yesterday asking how he was and told him he should have the week off …his response made me laugh….he said to me he woke up with a headache but passed the first HIA test at recovery he then said that he loved playing too much to have the week off but would wait to see what Bellamy wanted him to do

So to me he sounds like he is ok
A side note - you have to love his response to that - it’s refreshing knowing that despite everything he just loves the game. Too many clubs I think recruit players who don’t have that mindset whereas I don’t think there’s a single player on the Storm that would think any differently to Jahrome.

Any who I doubt we see Jahrome this week, but Coops I’ll guess be named in the halves, Nicho at full back and Paps off the bench. But Nicho will end up starting in the halves, Paps at full back and coops will drop out
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:14 pm Good to hear. I still think he should have a week off regardless.
+1.

He's too important to risk short term.

Plus his long term health comes first.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Titans 6-32 down to Souths, id be confident with Cooper Johns at half back or even his old man Matty Johns to beat them
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

six rings wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:43 pm Titans 6-32 down to Souths, id be confident with Cooper Johns at half back or even his old man Matty Johns to beat them
As Matty Johns has gone along he has become one of the smartest brains in rugby league. I reckon he could play in a dinner suit and beat most teams.