Round 23 - Titans vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So we're resting Olam and Brandon Smith?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Titans team named;

1. Jayden Campbell
2. Greg Marzhew
3. Brian Kelly
4. Patrick Herbert
5. Corey Thompson
6. Ashley Taylor
7. Jamal Fogarty
8. Jarrod Wallace
9. Erin Clark
10. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
11. Kevin Proctor
12. David Fifita
13. Sam McIntyre

14. Tyrone Peachey
15. Sam Lisone
16. Jaimin Jolliffe
17. Beau Fermor

18. Phillip Sami
19. Mitch Rein
20. Esan Marsters
21. Herman Ese'ese
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:22 pm So we're resting Olam and Brandon Smith?
Jahrome and Dale out with head knocks - may have been able to rush them back but probably need a spell anyway.
Brandon and Olam rested.
Dean out for the returning Jennings.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Whilst the win streak record would be cool to secure, the Premiership is the prize so I have no issue starting to rest players that have had huge seasons/played almost every game.

I imagine Hynes, JAC, Reimis and others will get a spell in the coming few weeks also.
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

Honestly still have a better team them even with those handful of guys missing.

Still confident we can win this, considering Titans are missing Brimson as well which is a big loss to them.

I think NAS was good to go and if it was a final game he could of played, he was running around in training with no strapping so I assume Bellamy is just giving him and extra week off so his primed and fresh for back end of year.

Pene good chance of coming into the side surely, provides much more punch and impact then J grant.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can't remember where I read it but Frank said sitting the amount we did last year against the Dragons was unlikely this season. Makes sense to sit a 3-5 each of the next few weeks.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mstorm1999 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:35 pm Honestly still have a better team them even with those handful of guys missing.

Still confident we can win this, considering Titans are missing Brimson as well which is a big loss to them.

I think NAS was good to go and if it was a final game he could of played, he was running around in training with no strapping so I assume Bellamy is just giving him and extra week off so his primed and fresh for back end of year.

Pene good chance of coming into the side surely, provides much more punch and impact then J grant.
Thanks for the update re NAS. I was concerned his absence might have meant a relapse.

Agree re Pene.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yeah I’m disappointed Pene is leaving at the end of the year. He is good to watch!

Such a delicate balancing act this time of year. Clearly the priority is winning the chip. But hey - the win streak is a nice carrot.

I’m happy with the team though. Some players need to get some big minutes under their belt - Paps and Harry especially - plus Jennings. Hopefully we win still though!
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Gold Coast will be really competitive but it might be better if we play in games we are challenged this time of the year because that is how the finals will be.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jordan Grant and Trent Loiero have dropped out of the squad.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surprised that Grant is out. Not even in the 19. Makes Pene a certain starter. We surely couldn't go smaller than we went last week!
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

Not surprised j grant is out at all. Pene will be coming in. Provides much more punch and impact then grant does.

Still a top quality side, Titans missing brimson and Fotuaika arguably their best forward this year makes it a bit easier considering the players we have missing, I think we should have to much for them in the end.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

From what we’ve seen, losing Pene is very disappointing.

Great pickup from NZ. I’d have Pene over Grant - hell - I’d have Pene in front of JBrom if I’m honest.
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

Kettles wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:14 pm From what we’ve seen, losing Pene is very disappointing.

Great pickup from NZ. I’d have Pene over Grant - hell - I’d have Pene in front of JBrom if I’m honest.
Completely 100% agree.

Pene over grant & Jbrom.

Imagine a prop rotation of Welch, Pene, Tui & NAS !

That’s some impact..

So disappointed his leaving next year.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

No softness in THAT pack.