Round 23 - Titans vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Looks like the boys copped a full on spray from Bellyache at 1/2 time. Hopefully we can put in a full 80mins against Parradoesn'tmatter next week and break the recocord, then beating the flake the week after will give us confidence heading into the finals
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Cam Smith is on Nine Gem if anybody wants to tune in.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

When I saw the team I feared about the outcome. But that’s a top effort and result after a terrible start.

Good to see Munster being Munster and Papi was much closer to his best. Pack dominated too. Grant awesome.

Chris Lewis was also awesome. Can play anywhere to 7/10. Would not mind him Centre and Remis wing if GJ is injured. Although I’d also like to see Lumelume get a Game…
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thoroughly enjoyed the commentary on 9GEM / 9 tonight - Peter Psaltis, Fatty Vautin, Cameron Smith and JT.

None of the biased NSW folk and didn't have to put up with Brandy on Fox, who apparently said that pass that Tyrone Peachey threw 2 metres forward wasn't forward.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

SunshineCoastStormer wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:13 pm When I saw the team I feared about the outcome. But that’s a top effort and result after a terrible start.

Good to see Munster being Munster and Papi was much closer to his best. Pack dominated too. Grant awesome.

Chris Lewis was also awesome. Can play anywhere to 7/10. Would not mind him Centre and Remis wing if GJ is injured. Although I’d also like to see Lumelume get a Game…
I think Lumelume needs to get a game, in case we get injuries. I wouldn't want his first game of the year to be a final. Particularly, when our players haven't played Queensland Cup for months.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, I usually tune in via Kayo, but have to say, the 9 commentary was much better than having to listen to Brandy. When we get a FTA game from now on, I’m tuning in to 9.

I say that until I get a game where Fittler gets a platform and I’ll probably be switching back :roll:
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fully understand us losing is a big deal but fox take too much joy in opponents doing well against us in games.

Much better attitude from us in the second half. Forwards really dented the line and gave us quicker play the balls. A few of our defensive misses leading to their tries were gross.

Great that Paps looked more like Paps, Munster as well. Harry getting through 80 was also a welcomed sight. A shame about George though.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munster, Harry and Paps rightfully getting the praise.

Of the rest, I thought Chris Lewis and Reimis Smith were very, very good for us tonight. Lewis has had that tough grind about him for a while but I thought Reimis really stood up numerous times for us tonight. Great effort boys.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

For next week:
In- Brandon, Hughes, NAS/Tui, Dale, Olam
Out - Johns, Jennings, Moeroa, Pene, Seve

Tough on the big boys, who did so well last night. But we have to keep Lewis in now, he has earnt his spot in our best side. A 9 day break comes at a good time for anyone with a niggle.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The stats didn't show it but yea Reimis had some very strong runs last night when we really needed something to happen.

I wonder what we're going to do with Jennings going down again. Be it health issues for Brenko or some other reason with Lumelume, Bellamy has only used Ieremia and I'm not sure you can trust him in games that matter.
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

Lucas wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:08 am For next week:
In- Brandon, Hughes, NAS/Tui, Dale, Olam
Out - Johns, Jennings, Moeroa, Pene, Seve

Tough on the big boys, who did so well last night. But we have to keep Lewis in now, he has earnt his spot in our best side. A 9 day break comes at a good time for anyone with a niggle.
Lewis won’t be in the top 17 assuming Hynes keeps his spot in the 17 on the bench when paps takes the 1 jersey back full time. Grant, NAS & Tui will fill the other spots on the bench.

Only way I can see him in the 17 is if Hynes replaces Jennings and then Lewis replaces Hynes spot on the bench assuming paps takes the 1 back full time.
til0011
Squall
Squall

yourhero wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:34 pm Yep, I usually tune in via Kayo, but have to say, the 9 commentary was much better than having to listen to Brandy. When we get a FTA game from now on, I’m tuning in to 9.

I say that until I get a game where Fittler gets a platform and I’ll probably be switching back :roll:
Fox sucks with the canned noised too, they have always tried to upend the free to air channels which graphics and fancy stuff and I hate it.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Christian Welch had his worst night for a while, he dropped the ball at least twice. glad he has ogt that gmae out of his system

For Channel 9 last night; Cam Smith, JT and Fatty are a great special comments combination and no NSW team bias either.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

six rings wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:49 pm Christian Welch had his worst night for a while, he dropped the ball at least twice. glad he has ogt that gmae out of his system

For Channel 9 last night; Cam Smith, JT and Fatty are a great special comments combination and no NSW team bias either.
Yeah he had a couple of bad drops, but he still;
- Had the most Runs out of any forward on the park
- Had the most Run Metres out of any forward on the park (not including Harry Grant)
- Had the most Offloads in the game

So even when he isn't having his best outing, he still rips and tears.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chris Lewis fast becoming my fave player to watch