RD 21 Storm vs Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

CB post-match:

"We knew it would be a test tonight, they made it really hard for us. I was really happy with how we hung in there.

CB:

"Jahrome probably had one of his quieter nights but then he comes up with the game-breaker."

CB:

"It's been one hell of an effort from this group so far this year - I'm real proud of them. It's been a contribution from everyone."

Shout out to any supporters in SA, WA, etc. You might be out somewhere.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I love how Cheese was tackled without the ball by Schuster but did run into Taupau’s shoulder which would have rattled anyone but because he managed a grimaced smile and plays for Melbourne it’s a milking outrage.

Maybe if the Sydney Media Mafia focused on Gladys Berehoweveritsspelt as much as they did the Storm the whole nation wouldn’t be in lockdown.

#SydneyMediaMafia
til0011
Squall
Squall

Bullucked wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:30 pm
til0011 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:57 pm I know dean got a hat trick but his defence is awful, 2 tries concede in the exact same way. Over committing to the centre and leaving Garrick to score. Seriously he’s done it so many times.
This has been very disappointing and it comes down to communication between the inside men, particularly the centre, and the winger. (Something like, "I've got such and such, stay out") Each time our cover was there and all Dean needed to do was to stay out. Having said that he did get DCE? and shut the play down once in the second half.

AND

Is it at all possible for Jesse to take every carry with the same effort and purpose he showed when he thought he was going to score? (And dropped the ball) Hmmm
God I miss George Jennings, him and Smith have much better communication and he doesn’t overcommit
Premiers
Squall
Squall

til0011 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:48 am
Bullucked wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:30 pm
til0011 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:57 pm I know dean got a hat trick but his defence is awful, 2 tries concede in the exact same way. Over committing to the centre and leaving Garrick to score. Seriously he’s done it so many times.
This has been very disappointing and it comes down to communication between the inside men, particularly the centre, and the winger. (Something like, "I've got such and such, stay out") Each time our cover was there and all Dean needed to do was to stay out. Having said that he did get DCE? and shut the play down once in the second half.

AND

Is it at all possible for Jesse to take every carry with the same effort and purpose he showed when he thought he was going to score? (And dropped the ball) Hmmm
God I miss George Jennings, him and Smith have much better communication and he doesn’t overcommit
That’s laughable. How many tries had Jennings let in by coming up and in? I’ve lost count
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:46 am I love how Cheese was tackled without the ball by Schuster but did run into Taupau’s shoulder which would have rattled anyone but because he managed a grimaced smile and plays for Melbourne it’s a milking outrage.

Maybe if the Sydney Media Mafia focused on Gladys Berehoweveritsspelt as much as they did the Storm the whole nation wouldn’t be in lockdown.

#SydneyMediaMafia
Some of the fan comments are hilarious.

“What is Schuster supposed to do!?? He was so close to the line and the ball was just dummied to Smith. Do the defence just let him stroll through???”

Ummmm, how about you don’t tackle a bloke without the ball? It’s been a penalty since day dot. The simplest of rules to grasp.

These are the same Sydney fans that claim Melbourne fans don’t ‘get’ the game :lol:
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Just a minor detail off the ball, but I was really impressed with Remis Smith's chase on Saab when he took the intercept.
Didn't catch him but ran from the far side of the field and looked legitimately fast.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:12 am
Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:46 am I love how Cheese was tackled without the ball by Schuster but did run into Taupau’s shoulder which would have rattled anyone but because he managed a grimaced smile and plays for Melbourne it’s a milking outrage.

#SydneyMediaMafia
Some of the fan comments are hilarious.

“What is Schuster supposed to do!?? He was so close to the line and the ball was just dummied to Smith. Do the defence just let him stroll through???”

Ummmm, how about you don’t tackle a bloke without the ball? It’s been a penalty since day dot. The simplest of rules to grasp.

These are the same Sydney fans that claim Melbourne fans don’t ‘get’ the game :lol:
I feel like these idiots are missing the point that the penalty was because he was taken without the ball, not for a high shot or something else sinister.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

How many of NAS, Jennings and Pene do we get back next week? Definitely need those big guys back as our bench was lacking in forward punch. But you've got to be cautious with hamstring and achilles injuries.

I wonder if next week we start Harry at 9, Brandon at 13 and then have one of Welch, Dale or Jesse from the bench?
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lucas wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:41 pm How many of NAS, Jennings and Pene do we get back next week? Definitely need those big guys back as our bench was lacking in forward punch. But you've got to be cautious with hamstring and achilles injuries.

I wonder if next week we start Harry at 9, Brandon at 13 and then have one of Welch, Dale or Jesse from the bench?
Brandon runs with more effort than Jesse... Anyone disagree?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brandon runs with more effort than just about anyone 😅
Phillip Island Storm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Jesse B is nowhere being as effective as he was before this season. He is not captain material either as he offers little to nothing in direction, enthusiasm, energy or on field leadership. I would still have him in the team but lets choose someone to support Finucane.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I feel like Munster, Hughes and Brandon Smith really call the shots but Jesse and Dale do the official role to take the focus away
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Olam for Captain! :shock2:
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:58 pm Olam for Captain! :shock2:
I legit think that is a better option than Munster.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Frank confirmed on SEN that the club will be resting certain players in the lead up to the finals. Particularly those that have played most of the year and may not be used to maintaining intensity for a full year at NRL level.