Round 20 - Storm vs Panthers SUNCORP

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

So looks likely Penrith will be without cleary, koroisau, JFH and yeo. Huge losses for them.

Makes our job a lot easier.

I expect our boys to aim up and put in a dominate 80 minute performance after taking the cowboys lightly.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mstorm1999 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:46 am So looks likely Penrith will be without cleary, koroisau, JFH and yeo. Huge losses for them.

Makes our job a lot easier.

I expect our boys to aim up and put in a dominate 80 minute performance after taking the cowboys lightly.
With the weekened Panthers, Is it unrealistic to think, given the effort we (didn't) put in against the Cowboys, that another half century might be coming?
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

In - Felise, Munster, Dale
Out - Johns, Loeiro, Lewis

Are probably the most obvious changes. I wonder if Lewis retains his spot on the bench over Pene though as he is able to cover more positions.
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

If we play to our best and execute at our best I think we should win this quite comfortably.

Would be concerning if we struggled against Penrith with pretty much their 4 best players out.

I hope we bounce back in a big way against a well understrength Penrith team.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We should smash them

Koroisau, Cleary, Fisher Harris out

No Pengai Jnr yet.

Isaiah Yeo concussed and must be doubtful
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They said Cleary could play don’t rule him out yet
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ivan said Nathan wasnt playing this week in yesterdays post game press conference
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

Doubt they rush him back and risk him re injuring his shoulder. 6 games out from finals it would be a disaster for them.

Yeo has a history of concussion and that one against Brisbane he didn’t look to good at all, highly unlikely he plays 7 days later.

I think no Cleary, Koroisau, JFH & Yeo, if so we need to dominate this game from start to finish otherwise worrying signs 5 games out from finals.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How is Harry tracking?
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

KimmorleyKiller wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:19 am How is Harry tracking?
From what I’ve read next week good chance to return, done full training with the boys last week which is good.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Things going from bad to worse for Penruff. Tyrone May and Brian To'o both out as well. No excuses for not winning this fixture.
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

Munster returns, replacing Cooper Johns at five-eighth, kaufusi replaces Trent Loiero.

Finucane back to 13, with Kamikamica reverting to the bench.

Solomona hamstring strain and is out.

Grant on the extended bench.

If grant comes in we are at pretty much full strength besides solomona and Jennings, against a Penrith side missing Cleary, To’o, Yeo, JFH & koroisau. Their 5 best players.

If we don’t win this by at least 20 I’ll be concerned.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm team named;

1. Nicho Hynes
2. Dean Ieremia
3. Reimis Smith
4. Justin Olam
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
7. Jahrome Hughes
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Brandon Smith
10. Christian Welch
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Kenneath Bromwich
13. Dale Finucane

14. Aaron Pene
15. Tui Kamikamica
16. Chris Lewis
17. Ryan Papenhuyzen

18. Tom Eisenhuth
19. Harry Grant
20. Jordan Grant
21. Isaac Lumelume
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Panthers team named;

1. Dylan Edwards
2. Charlie Staines
3. Stephen Crichton
4. Brent Naden
5. Robert Jennings
6. Matt Burton
7. Jarome Luai
8. Moses Leota
9. Mitch Kenny
10. Liam Martin
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Kurt Capewell
13. Matthew Eisenhuth

14. Izack Tago
15. Scott Sorensen
16. Spencer Leniu
17. J'maine Hopgood

18. Paul Momirovski
19. Jaeman Salmon
20. Lindsay Smith
22. Kurt Falls
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Despite their significant injuries, the starting 13 for the Panthers still looks pretty good... especially the backline.

Big shame about NAS. Only just back from suspension and now will miss a few week through injury.

Chris Lewis was good last week vs the Cowboys, but he may make way for the returning Eisenhuth. And interesting to see what they do with the make up of the bench if Harry is fit. Pene may drop out as well (for Grant) and then Brandon plays the extra middle forward role when Grant comes on. That seemed to be our game plan prior to Grant's injuries.

18 months ago I would have said we would be crazy to go into a game with only one prop on the bench. Now, with the rule changes and make up of the side, I don't know... it kinda makes sense.
For those interested, this year we had one prop on the bench in the Warriors game (42-20 win), the first Roosters game (20-6 win) the Bulldogs game (52-18 win), the first Broncos game (40-6 win), the Eels game (12-16 loss) and the Rabbitohs game (26-18 win).