Round 20 - Storm vs Panthers SUNCORP

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Oops, my bad. Brandy and Ennis sounds exactly the same to me. Nonetheless, biased commentary in favour of any Sydney team playing us.
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

We still got a lot of improvement to do.

Not much of a convincing or dominating performance considering the Personell Penrith had out.
Penrith will be a completely different force come finals.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great win. Not perfect, but given circumstances it was a very strong performance.

Disappointing to concede two late tries… again. But hard to be too critical.

Hopefully we can avoid Klein for the rest of the year.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Penrith were pretty good for a fair chunk of that game. Felt like the times we outmuscled them we were able to put the points on the board which they couldn’t do on us until late.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:57 pm Great win. Not perfect, but given circumstances it was a very strong performance.

Disappointing to concede two late tries… again. But hard to be too critical.

Hopefully we can avoid Klein for the rest of the year.
You know avoiding Klein won't happen. The cynic in me thinks NRL purposefully appoints him to our matches.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They do
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I still think Penrith were only ever in the game when the ref was assisting them. Obviously they were missing some of their most important players, but it's not like we haven't won games this year without our most important players, and we were also missing some fairly handy players today too, so I'm very happy with that win.

Also, I thought Jesse played his best game in a very long time, bending the line on most of his runs.
Premiers
Squall
Squall

Letting in late tries will cost us a big game. Mark my words
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think it was always going to be easy to criticise the Storm after this game, given the Panthers had so many players out, unless they won by 50 or more.

That being said I’m more pleased that the guys won fairly convincingly but know there is still a fair bit to work on.

Also, is it just me or have the Storm kind of worked out how to nullify or at least slow Kikau down in attack? It was the same in the Grand Final. Credit to Hughes for covering him so well.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Insomniac wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:20 pm Also, I thought Jesse played his best game in a very long time, bending the line on most of his runs.
I think I'm only seeing what I want to see but I was still underwhelmed with Jesse, one close to the line try doesn't count out the missed tackles.

To withstand a mountain of (dubious?) six agains and keep turning them away was brilliant.

We were lucky out wide a few times, passes not going to hand or wrong options taken by Penrith, we'll need to work harder on pushing across. Hughes brilliant on Kikau but how many times was Reimis forced in to tackling Kikau leaving two on one on the outside. Reimis at centre is brilliant, defensively gets his man everytime.

Klein, thank god for the bunker. If I made that many, blatant, mistakes at work my employment would be questioned. Even the AFL mark their adjudicators, do the NRL just look the other way and we the world are asked to accept?
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Premiers wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:40 pm Letting in late tries will cost us a big game. Mark my words
Have you made any other big statements that we should be "marking"?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Premiers wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:40 pm Letting in late tries will cost us a big game. Mark my words
I’m still too busy “marking your words” about Bellamy definitely going to the Sharks.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The only thing he is marking, is his XXXXXL underwear with sh*t stains.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I know what I forgot, we needed another big guy on the bench. A Hooker and a Fullback on the bench, hmmm, how to balance it all. Jordon looked ok, didn't hit the line with the gusto of a Penne
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Trolling will get you nowhere. mark my words.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately