Round 20 - Storm vs Panthers SUNCORP

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

yourhero wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:14 pm What I don’t understand, is what is the point of the bubble then? The players, staff, etc all living under lockdown-esque conditions so the game can go on, but as soon as a couple of cases pop up, they are treated just like every other Joe Blow who hasn’t been living in a bubble.

It makes zero sense.
This is a good point actually.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:14 pm What I don’t understand, is what is the point of the bubble then? The players, staff, etc all living under lockdown-esque conditions so the game can go on, but as soon as a couple of cases pop up, they are treated just like every other Joe Blow who hasn’t been living in a bubble.

It makes zero sense.
It's a bit hard to explain quickly but basically all of the teams who required restrictions in Queensland were under level four when they arrived (not sure that included the Storm when Victoria recently went into lockdown).

But basically, that restriction level was eased and I believe NRL teams were allowed out into the community over the past 48-72 hours. Since the Delta variant is the one believed to be circulating, the Queensland Government back-dated potential transmission to 1am on Saturday morning meaning players and staff would have been potentially exposed.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

So are we playing in Townsville on Sunday? Or is it likely to be a mid week game
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nobody knows yet
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

the over zealous Queensland health minister just wants to exert her power.The Queensland races and the harness racing is still on tonight so they have made exemptions
Bartos
Squall
Squall

What I also don't get is why move the entire comp to QLD with all eggs in this one basket and not have an iron clad guarantee that if there's a lockdown the games can still go ahead with no fans. Thought pvl said they planned for every possibility
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

4pm Sunday game
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

So 4pm Sunday, great news.

Hopefully tepai gets a run, I liked his style of play and aggressive runs when he was at parra.

Has potential to be a great forward and we’ve seen what Bellamy has done with forwards with less potential.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wouldn't mind seeing what he's got
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Now we are playing today does that make us the Channel 9 game?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yes apparently
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

According to NRL.com the match starts at 4:05 and can only be watched on either Foxtel or Kayo.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

According to ad I just saw our game is live and free on channel nine
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wide world of sports said it's on nein
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Oh ok looks like the NRL haven't updated their site. Anyway the more people watching the better I say.