Round 19 - Cowboys vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just the one charge
Last edited by Mattpoet on Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hynes cops a fine for that lazy high shot
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Scooter wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:03 pm
How long was Hess held for before he put the ball down?
Yep, I was at the match last night and the ref should have called "held" but decided to ignore the rule book or maybe he lost his voice?

As for the blatant forward pass a couple of minutes before full time. I thought the bunker was meant to check every try now to make sure they scored it legally. Maybe they were too busy placing their bets to see that the pass was forward.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They can't rule on forward passes, even ones that are so far forward he still hasn't caught up to it
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:27 pm They can't rule on forward passes, even ones that are so far forward he still hasn't caught up to it
Have never understood why bunker can't rule on forward passes. They say sometimes camera angle distorts some passes. Surely that would be the same for knock ons too.

I would have thought that the bunker should be able to rule on obvious forward passes such as last night and if it is inconclusive then the ruling on field stands.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Did anyone notice when Loiero got called for dropping the ball in the 55th minute, in the background of only one of the replays the referee was signalling 6 again? I assumed for off side, I didn't hear any verbal calls and didn't hear the bell. Question is, if 6 again is called for off side is that not the first offence and therefore the dropped ball, with the assistance of the off side players, become null?

So many referreeing decisions, or non decisions, that left me perplexed, both ways but surely more against us? If channel 9 are saying Nicho was taken out, or a pass was forward that leads to a try, then it must've actually happened? I agree Feldt? was tackled in the air twice by Addo Carr but there were plenty that the Cowboys got away with. And that touch judge on the non called forward pass, right in line, wow, what was he looking at. Was he checking out the other touchie? Was the sun in his eyes? WTF?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yes, I saw that too. When the Roosters kicked the ball earlier in the year it was deemed not fair because they hadn't heard it or some rubbish but now we've flipped the complete opposite direction again. Pick a set of rules and play to them ffs.
til0011
Squall
Squall

yourhero wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:17 pm For the next two or three weeks, I'd go;

1. Hynes
2. Ieremia
3. Smith
4. Olam
5. JAC
14. Paps

Before (pending how Paps goes) hopefully settling on;

1. Paps
2. Ieremia
3. Smith
4. Olam
5. JAC
14. Hynes

And if Jennings can get his knee right in time for Finals, I think he has done enough to slot straight back in for Ieremia.
You could put nicho on wing, he is good anywhere in the backline to be honest. Ireremia had a ripper game but made a few mistakes on defence but I cant wait to see how he goes against panthers.