Round 18 - Storm Vs Knights (Homecoming)

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Agreed. Not just money but mentally as well. I was so looking forward to this game after missing the last few. Just disheartening
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Christian Welch and Josh Addo-Carr being rested after Origin. Tepai Moeroa and Cooper Johns also drop out.

Dean replaces Josh. Tui will start in his 50th game. Trent moves into the 17.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Makes sense. Reckon JAC might be a bit sore after that hit by old mate Tino.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:56 pm I am so pissed. I know it is nobody's fault. But last I had a trip to New Zealand booked and were going to see Storm play as well. Did not happen. Did not see storm play last year. Had the night of and ready to go Saturday night, not going. I was flying to Townsville next week and I was going to see storm play, not happening. Can not go to the panthers game. Did not go to origin at the MCG. I know we are all the the situation but this is getting beyond ridiculous. We have to learn to live with this, we can not keep shutting down for a few cases. The UK still have thousands of cases every day. Shutting down every weeks does not help anyone. I am sick of wasting my money.

Sorry Rant over
You really need to get educated on this virus. It’s not a couple of cases. Unchecked…every hospital in this country will be over run and thousands will die. Blame Morrison’s woeful vaccination program. Uk have 70% of their population double vaccinated. It’s 9% in Australia. It will change. But “learning to live with the virus” is a nonsense concept at present.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lockdown No 5. By the 5th time you would think the Andrews state government would have a clue but they don't. Super Micro Manager Daniel Andrews, well yet again he has shown he couldn't run a Piss up in a Brewery.

Tbh, you have to blame the Victorian State Government in not closing the borders to rogue revivalists. What the hell are they even letting these guys from NSW into the state given the high numbers ??? Lockdown No 5. Its not like we haven't been through this and the incompetent Andrews State Government should have known to be more alert. Instead, like every other occasion, they are asleep at the wheel.

This is totally on the bad actor Daniel Andrews who lied his way through the whole first quarantine debacle. Daniel Andrews ‘lied’ as defence Minister contradicted statements no ADF support was offered to Victorian hotel quarantine. Daniel Andrews Pathological Liar, Premier of the Lowest Standard and Incompetent State Government in the history of Melbourne Victoria Australia, the Daniel Andrews Government are an Endless Source of bewilderment, I'm amazed at the Level of Incompetence.

You Daniel Andrews have hurt so many people, you should be throwing yourself in front of the Victorian People and begging forgiveness.

Any Resemblance between public Integrity and Daniel Andrews is Purely Coincidental

'Power tends to Corrupt, Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely'
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

No doubt Victoria bungled the first major outbreak.

No doubt also that we should have locked the borders earlier and we wouldn’t be in lockdown again (which will no doubt be longer than Tuesday night at this rate).

The thing I think is the worst is NSW watched us stuff it up and point the finger before proceeding to do the same.
Everything is so politically driven which I can’t stand. It should just be about protecting the country.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

six rings wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:36 am Lockdown No 5. By the 5th time you would think the Andrews state government would have a clue but they don't. Super Micro Manager Daniel Andrews, well yet again he has shown he couldn't run a Piss up in a Brewery.

Tbh, you have to blame the Victorian State Government in not closing the borders to rogue revivalists. What the hell are they even letting these guys from NSW into the state given the high numbers ??? Lockdown No 5. Its not like we haven't been through this and the incompetent Andrews State Government should have known to be more alert. Instead, like every other occasion, they are asleep at the wheel.

This is totally on the bad actor Daniel Andrews who lied his way through the whole first quarantine debacle. Daniel Andrews ‘lied’ as defence Minister contradicted statements no ADF support was offered to Victorian hotel quarantine. Daniel Andrews Pathological Liar, Premier of the Lowest Standard and Incompetent State Government in the history of Melbourne Victoria Australia, the Daniel Andrews Government are an Endless Source of bewilderment, I'm amazed at the Level of Incompetence.

You Daniel Andrews have hurt so many people, you should be throwing yourself in front of the Victorian People and begging forgiveness.

Any Resemblance between public Integrity and Daniel Andrews is Purely Coincidental

'Power tends to Corrupt, Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely'
🤣🤣🤣
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm Spirit wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:51 pm
glennb wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:56 pm I am so pissed. I know it is nobody's fault. But last I had a trip to New Zealand booked and were going to see Storm play as well. Did not happen. Did not see storm play last year. Had the night of and ready to go Saturday night, not going. I was flying to Townsville next week and I was going to see storm play, not happening. Can not go to the panthers game. Did not go to origin at the MCG. I know we are all the the situation but this is getting beyond ridiculous. We have to learn to live with this, we can not keep shutting down for a few cases. The UK still have thousands of cases every day. Shutting down every weeks does not help anyone. I am sick of wasting my money.

Sorry Rant over
You really need to get educated on this virus. It’s not a couple of cases. Unchecked…every hospital in this country will be over run and thousands will die. Blame Morrison’s woeful vaccination program. Uk have 70% of their population double vaccinated. It’s 9% in Australia. It will change. But “learning to live with the virus” is a nonsense concept at present.

:lol: :lol:

being locked down forever is also a nonsense concept. there are other issues in the community than just Coronavirus. The effect this is going to have on the mental health of our children is huge. The average age of people who die of Coronavirus is higher than the average age of people who die, its like 82 years old. Lets not even say that it was the World Health organisation through Dr Fauci (read his emails) that allowed the Wuhan lab in China to operate and create these coronaviruses so the whole of the current Elite Political system has to come into question.

Yes power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely and we, the non elite surfs have to suffer.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can we just talk about the game?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:12 pm Can we just talk about the game?
Good suggestion Mattpoet 👍
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

no further changes for our team tonight.

Pearce out helps us a lot I think

Hopefully we will stay solid and get off to a good start and just keep rolling

Ponga is always a big threat so hopefully our defence plays sweet and strong.

We are used to travel now so hopefully that isn't a factor. But who knows what arriving at 2am will do. At some stare we have to be affected and have a low spot.

In lockddown, I find I need my Melbourne Storm more and more to help my mental health.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Loiero out

Jordan Grant to debut on bench
Lumelume 18th man
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm Spirit wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:51 pm

Sorry Rant over
https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-ne ... fb5cc452c2

You can have your ABC scaremongering rubbish!! I know who I'd rather believe.
Premiers
Squall
Squall

Edited by Mods.

Absolutely unacceptable. Slanderous accusations will not be tolerated.
If nothing else, it puts the owner of the site and the mods at risk of legal action.
Bartos
Squall
Squall

What a great win missing troops before and during the game. Magnificent to watch