Round 16 - Roosters vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There’s whinging over Welch’s accidental head knock on Walker. Two morons in the comm box started it with their carry on.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:42 pm There’s whinging over Welch’s accidental head knock on Walker. Two morons in the comm box started it with their carry on.
Trent Robinson wasn't happy about it in the press conference either.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:42 pm There’s whinging over Welch’s accidental head knock on Walker. Two morons in the comm box started it with their carry on.
It’s ridiculous, isn’t it?

Brandy lead the charge which is a surprise to nobody. “Careless head clash - could be looking at a suspension for that”. He is off his beady little head.

Two Fox League articles pushing the same idiotic barrow.

They get told if they tackle the kicker, wrap your arms. That is exactly what Welch did. Unfortunately there was a head clash as well, which happens in other tackles not infrequently… it just makes no sense.

Grade 2 Tackling Too Hard. Olam looking at a Grade 437.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:07 pmTrent Robinson wasn't happy about it in the press conference either.
:lol: He is “sick of talking about Roosters players getting knocked in the head”… what a flog.

Didn’t seem to have an issue with the Roosters player who put on a shoulder charge to Munster’s jaw. How was that not a send off by the way!?? Late, high and shoulder charge - CLEAR send off.
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

Scary to think how good this team can be with a full strength team on the park. To see us put 46 on the roosters without papi, grant & Nelson is incredible.
Trainb
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I’m worried that we are using all of our great form at this time of year and when we get to finals we will fall over again
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Trainb wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:56 am I’m worried that we are using all of our great form at this time of year and when we get to finals we will fall over again
Boring.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Robinson is deflecting from his teams really poor recent form. Things aren't too rosie for the chooks atm.
yourhero wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:11 pmIt’s ridiculous, isn’t it?

Brandy lead the charge which is a surprise to nobody. “Careless head clash - could be looking at a suspension for that”. He is off his beady little head.Grade 2 Tackling Too Hard. Olam looking at a Grade 437.
I thought Alexander and Smith were being sarcastic at first then they kept going on about it being careless. Just an absolute joke of a call. Smith followed it up later asking why we shouldn't lose a challenge because the refs didn't have a good view on an obvious Roosters knock on.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Trent Robinson bitching moaning about Welch yet conveniently forgets his bloke and his potential neck breaking late hit on Munster. Not condoning Welch and I wouldn’t be surprised if he got charged, but let’s be at least balanced.

It would unfashionable to think of Jesse being our weakest link a few years ago, but the way he’s playing suggests to he’s nearly cooked. His brother is 3 times the player and Jesses diminishing minutes are telling. I’d shop him around and keep Finucane. JBron looking a lot like Tamou. Looks like Tarzan - plays like Jane.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, generally agree with the sentiments above. Not a good run of games for Jesse, culminating in that one which was his one of his worst in recent memory.

Kenny on the other hand - who hack be hit and miss - played a great game last night. One of his better ones in recent memory.

Remember a few years ago when Jesse was playing 70+ minutes, making close to 200m per game and dominating?? What happened?
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kettles wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:12 am ...Not condoning Welch and I wouldn’t be surprised if he got charged, but let’s be at least balanced.
Disagree completely. Welch did nothing wrong at all in my opinion. Head clashes happen all the time, more so in 2021 it seems, but this is the first time (where the player wasn't leading with his head) that I've heard the blame being placed on one of the players.

Fox Sports, or anyone else, claiming that Welch's actions were "careless or intentional" is once again purely inflammatory, biased and unprofessional, and totally unsurprising given the jersey he is wearing and where we are placed on the ladder.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

No charges from the game
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

None for us anyway, Suluka-Fifita got a week for the hit on Munster. Warea-Hargreaves got a fine for being 3rd man in.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:34 pm None for us anyway, Suluka-Fifita got a week for the hit on Munster. Warea-Hargreaves got a fine for being 3rd man in.
Suluka-Fifita actually would have just got a fine, but due to two similar recent incidents, he has loading and gets a week off.

A fine for that!??? 5 weeks ago he would have got sent off + 6 weeks. Crack down is officially dead. NRL Admin is a complete farce, and V’landys cannot be given the arse soon enough.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Peter 'If I only had an opinion of my own' V'Landys is the most reactionary admin I've ever seen. No thoughts of his own, just copies the numbnuts Sydney media. I really don't understand the hype around him.