Round 14 - Warriors vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Two late tries let in… as per usual… to sour another outstanding win. I’d love to see a stat on how often this happens against us.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Number 1 on the table. Back where we belong 8)

Condolences to Premiers.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They picked on that matchup any time they could. Stronger tackles stop at least the last two tries. Attack was clunky despite the 7 tries.
Premiers
Squall
Squall

yourhero wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:56 pm Two late tries let in… as per usual… to sour another outstanding win. I’d love to see a stat on how often this happens against us.
That will cost us a Premiership one day
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I reckon Brandon Smith after that loss to the Eels basically took it upon himself to go to another level.

And he absolutely has. He's been terrorising teams for weeks now. He ran for more than 120 metres today and had five tackle breaks along with making 30 himself.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He's actually our 5th highest tryscorer this year:

Addo-Carr 16
Jennings 9
Papenhuyzen, R.Smith 8
B.Smith 7
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Any news on Jesse Bromwich?
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Jessie has veen carrying an elbow injury for a while and he rehurt it but was back on the bench
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Storm_M_36 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:41 pm Munster on report for a love tap. NRL is becoming a laughing stock very quickly!!
It might only have been a little tap but it was really stupid.
Cameron already has reputation for that sort of thing and it has potential to bring him (and Storm) seriously unstuck in a big game.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Generally very good performance.
Right edge defence still has SERIOUS problems. It didn't help that we had an unfamiliar combo on that side, but they continually compress too far in and then can't slide out quickly enough.

Two items in particular frustrated me.
1. They got beaten three times in exactly the same way. Three times.
2. Hynes' apparent lack of effort to get across and try to stop it. Twice he looked like he jogged over. You just feel that Slater or Paps would have got there.
Edit, make that three.
3. I understand that JBrom has an elbow issue, but 2 runs in 20 minutes for your key prop is just not good enough. Couple that with 6 tackles and 4 missed as his total contribution and he was certainly not an asset out there.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This fanbase has watched real qulaity fullback play over the years so even in his breakout season it's nice to see us fans pick up on Hynes efforts defensively.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

With reference to the right side defence, I see Brenko player in Q Cup yesterday .Do you think our best option is Brenko at Centre with Reimis outside him ?
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:35 am Generally very good performance.
Right edge defence still has SERIOUS problems. It didn't help that we had an unfamiliar combo on that side, but they continually compress too far in and then can't slide out quickly enough.
I freely admit to having not seen the game yet, but, this is an ongoing problem and starts further inside than just the two outside men. Although initially unsure in him I now think Reimis is a fantastic centre and generally makes excellent decisions and executions in defence, offensively I think he has a problem passing to his outside man sometimes. If we compress in as we do the whole team needs to work harder sliding out.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

TC wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:28 am
Storm_M_36 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:41 pm Munster on report for a love tap. NRL is becoming a laughing stock very quickly!!
It might only have been a little tap but it was really stupid.
Cameron already has reputation for that sort of thing and it has potential to bring him (and Storm) seriously unstuck in a big game.
Agree Belly Ache and Frank and even Paul Green at Origin level need to have a really good talk to Cameron Munster. The cameras are looking for him to do it now.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bullucked wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:32 am
TC wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:35 am Generally very good performance.
I freely admit to having not seen the game yet, but, this is an ongoing problem and starts further inside than just the two outside men. Although initially unsure in him I now think Reimis is a fantastic centre and generally makes excellent decisions and executions in defence, offensively I think he has a problem passing to his outside man sometimes. If we compress in as we do the whole team needs to work harder sliding out.
imagine the Rabbitohs and Alex Johnson and what they could do to that right side.

I think Dean was there for the last two tries. And Lewis was on that side as well at that stage. So it was quite makeshift.

With Jennings back from hamstring, it might work a bit better but at some stage I wouldn't mind Brenko Lee being given another shot in there because at least he can tackle. Remember Brenko played so well last year, he got into SOO 3 so he deserves a go at some stage.