Round 13 - Storm v Titans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The player Lumelume tackled failed his HIA and won't come back on ground.

Marion Seve left field just before half time with what appeared to be a shoulder injury.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not looking good for a legitimate 21 next week...
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There wasn't a lot too the NAS incident. Wonder if we fight it (lol).
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:38 pm There wasn't a lot too the NAS incident. Wonder if we fight it (lol).
May as well.
127 points for an early plea, or 170 if he contests and loses. It's a week either way, so why not challenge?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:21 pm
blazza18 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:38 pm There wasn't a lot too the NAS incident. Wonder if we fight it (lol).
May as well.
127 points for an early plea, or 170 if he contests and loses. It's a week either way, so why not challenge?
Agree have a go. Ditto re Reimis. Two weeks either way. I thought at the time he was unlucky, with the attacker falling as he went to tackle.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The second half was our worst footy of the year but we still held on for victory. Thats a good sign. Warriors will be very tough this week as they have a full list.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Reimis Smith and NAS will appear before judiciary tomorrow night via video link.

Club is seeking downgrade of Smith's charge.

NAS pleaded not guilty to contrary conduct charge.

NAS pleaded guilty to high tackle and accepted fine.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It was a mixed night for Melbourne at the judiciary with Nelson Asofa-Solomona copping a one-match ban for contrary conduct while Reimis Smith was cleared to play after having a high tackle charge downgraded.

After deciding that Smith's shot on Titans prop Jaimin Jolliffe was only worthy of a grade-one charge, the panel of Sean Garlick, Ben Creagh and Tony Puletua deliberated for about four minutes before finding Asofa-Solomona guilty. NRL prosecutor Peter McGrath successfully argued the 52nd-minute act was deliberate. He claimed that Asofa-Solomona, vexed at Vuna's attempts to slow down his play-the-ball, ended up "using [Vuna's head] as a sort of pillow to lean on" as he "knelt".

Asofa-Solomona would have been suspended for one match even if he took the early guilty plea – with 20 percent loading applied for a non-similar incident in the past two years – so it was worth gambling at the judiciary.

Smith was in a similar situation in that he would have received a two-game ban whether he entered an early guilty plea or had his initial grade-two charge upheld by the panel. Instead, he got away with a $1600 fine.

The former Bulldog landed himself in trouble after being sin-binned for his 67th-minute hit on Jolliffe, who was on his way to the turf at the point of impact after bouncing away from Trent Loiero's attempted tackle.
I am shocked that Reimis was successful in having his charge downgraded (i.e. common sense was applied!), and even more so that it reduced his penalty from 2 weeks to a fine only!

I'm OK with the NAS suspension (given his 20% loading), even taking into consideration the low force, and I agree with the NRL prosecutor's assessment of intent - it was a stupid thing to do.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Agree with Insomniac. I can definitely live with those outcomes
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We go from a collective 3 weeks in suspensions to 1 week. Gotta be happy with that.